Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11537 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
netmail

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
can't print cant save a Sweet Home 3D file

Running a Mac Pro version 10.4.10 and cant save or print a Sweet Home 3D file. PLEASE HELP, this is a great application!!

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Oct 24, 2007, 4:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: can't print cant save a Sweet Home 3D file

What's going on when you try to save or print a Sweet Home 3D file ?
Are the menus just disabled, do you have an error message or does Sweet Home 3D crash ?
Did you install Sweet Home 3D with the JNLP file or from its installer ?

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 24, 2007, 6:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
netmail

Thanks for replying so rapidly,

I downloaded Sweet Home 3D with "JAVA WEB START" from http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/fr/download.html so I guess this is with "JNLP" but as I'm not sure what JNLP is... Check out the website link I just mentioned; I downloaded Sweet Home 3D by clicking on the link "Lancer Sweet Home 3D avec Java Web Start" (which means "launch Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start)

"Print" and "save" are enabled and displayed in the menus, SAVE does save a file on my desktop but once I open the file its empty (as if I was creating a new document). As far as the Printing goes; once the printing is launched nothing happens. The Computer reacts as if it is all ok (after pressing PRINT) but there is no comunication between the printer and my MacPro.... So, the printing menu appears, I press print and the menu goes away (as it normaly does) but no printing is done, and the printer doesn't react at all.

Printing works fine with all other applications.

Thanks for the help.

[Oct 24, 2007, 10:20:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, I should have asked you if you downloaded Sweet Home 3D with Java Web Start, but you guessed my mind. ;-)

Could you tell me the size of the saved file (select it and type Cmd + I shortcut) ?
I looks like that the homes you created are incorrectly handled. It's the first time a user reports this kind of issue, but let's try to fix it.
Please launch the Console application (you'll find this application in Applications / Utilities folder), then run Sweet Home 3D, draw a few objects in it, and save the home.
As you got an error, there should be something in Console window called a stack trace which looks like this :
------------
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.ControllerAction.actionPerformed(ControllerAction.java:73)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.ResourceAction$AbstractDecoratedAction.actionPerformed(ResourceAction.java:159)
at [...]
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.ControllerAction.actionPerformed(ControllerAction.java:69)
... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.io.HomeFileRecorder.writeHome(HomeFileRecorder.java:61)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeController.save(HomeController.java:1059)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeController.saveAs(HomeController.java:1041)
at com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeController.save(HomeController.java:1026)
... 44 more
------------
Could you forward that error in the forum, please. It will help me a lot to find where the problem comes from.

Thank you

[Oct 24, 2007, 11:47:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
netmail

Size of sweetHome 3D is 140Ko

For some very strange reason the files are NOW able to be saved... I've gone back to my first saved file and this one is still empty but the new doc I have just created has been successfuly saved. Nevertheless here is what you asked for, I think (I use a french system) :

===== jeudi 25 octobre 2007 07 h 32 Europe/Budapest =====
2007-10-25 07:33:02.377 Sweet Home 3D[2707] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1103 (0x44f), port = 0xf603, name = 'com.apple.jnlp-file___localhost_Users_MacPro_Library_Caches_Java_cache_javaws_http_Dsweethome3d.sourceforge.net_P80
_AMSweetHome3'
See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
2007-10-25 07:33:02.378 Sweet Home 3D[2707] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (com.apple.jnlp-file___localhost_Users_MacPro_Library_Caches_Java_cache_javaws_http_Dsweethome3d.sourceforge.net_P80
_AMSweetHome3)

I can't print this is a real bummer. Any idea why? I use a HP coulour laserJet 3700 printer.

Thanks again for the time and help. Are you open to sugestions?

[Oct 25, 2007, 7:35:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you're French, let's talk French, it will be easier for the both of us.
Once we'll have find where the problem comes from, I'll write the conclusion in English.

Vous avez un bug vraiment bizarre... L'enregistrement ne marche pas au départ puis se met à fonctionner !

Quand à l'impression, c'est peut-être dû à autre chose. Je suis en train de terminer le développement de la version 1.2 qui est disponible en version beta en ce moment à l'adresse : http://sweethome3d.sourceforge.net/SweetHome3D.1.2.beta.jnlp
Dans cette version, si on ne peut pas imprimer la vue 3D, l'option "Imprimer la vue 3D" dans le dialogue de mise en page (Fichier > Mise en page) apparaît grisée. Est-ce le cas sur votre machine ?

D'autre part, pourriez-vous aussi essayer de vérifier si la version de Sweet Home 3D qui fonctionne sans Java Web Start produit les mêmes effets ou non ?
Elle est disponible ici : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sweethome3d/SweetHome3D-1.1-macosx.dmg

Merci de votre aide

[Oct 25, 2007, 9:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
netmail

Hmmm, autre chose bizard:

l'icone de Sweet Home 3D ne vient que de s'affiché... (Sweet Home 3D Java) avant l'icone n'été qu'une incone clasique Application.

Tout vas bien avec Sweet Home 3D qui fonctionne sans Java Web Start, saufe l'impression. :(

La version BETA:
la sauvegarde: le fichier est crée a la sauvegarde mais impossible de l'ouvrire. Je peux vous envoyez une photo des boites de dialogues (les messages qui surgisses, mai il me faut une adresse email.

envoyé moi, si vous le voulez, une address --> netmail@libello.com

pour l'impression RIEN, fenetre de dialogue, puis rien. come dab.

[Oct 25, 2007, 11:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Pour l'icône qui s'affiche tardivement, j'ai constaté la même chose, donc je ne vois pas en quoi votre problème serait lié à ça.

Pour l'impression, j'ai deux questions :
- Est-ce que l'aperçu avant impression fonctionne correctement ?
- Est-ce que dans le dialogue "Mise en page" le bouton "Format d'impression" fonctionne bien, c'est-à-dire est qu'il provoque bien l'affichage d'un dialoge "Page Setup" ?

Vous pouvez m'envoyer tout document à puybaret@users.sourceforge.net.

[Oct 26, 2007, 9:00:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
netmail

je vous es repondu sur votre dans votre boite email.

[Oct 27, 2007, 11:15:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: can't print cant save a Sweet Home 3D fil

After an offline discussion with netmail, it looks like that the Java print service doesn't work properly on his machine :
- The dialog displayed by "Page format" button in "Page setup" dialog works properly
- The print dialog displayed by "File > Print" menu item works properly, but nothing is printed (with no error) once he clicks on Print, whatever he chooses to print in "Page setup" dialog. But the Preview button displayed in Mac OS X standard print dialog creates a correct PDF file displayed in Preview application ! netmail can't print this document in Preview application, but he can save the PDF file, reopen it and then print it. So at least there is a workaround to his problem. :-)

[Oct 28, 2007, 11:14:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved