Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 59069 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: AOI - colored objects?

...much more transparent than the SH3D's library windows... why ? Did I use an incorrect color ? Must my glass be thicker in order to have another colour aspect ?

Congratulations on your trapeze window. You did not mention your transparency setting. SH3D windowpanes have a transparency of 50% (I think). If this is not possible from within your modelling software, this thread has hints on changing transparency in the .mtl file. Below values I've found in a SH3D window.
newmtl flltgrey
illum 1
Ka 0.5224 0.5224 0.5224
Kd 0.8245 0.8245 0.8245
Ks 0.0 0.0 0.0
Ns 1.0
d 0.5

ok
[Dec 14, 2013, 8:47:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

Hi,

In fact I followed the tutorial on this site to make a 3D object with Art Of Illusion, and modified the glass object of the exported .obj file with these lines :
g sweethome3d_window_pane
usemtl flltgrey

I took the colour 'flltgrey' from another SH3D window object. But mine is not rendering the same.
The tutorial does not give way to change the transparency of the object and the window I choose seems to have no more info than coordinates and 'unsemtl' values...

I found on some other models that you can specify a mtl library file inside the .obj file, but it seems not to be the case of most windows used in SH3D, like the example I took (called 'doublewindow 126x163').

...but I don't understand what I need to do with my .obj file to get the same material as the library provided windows...
[Dec 15, 2013, 10:26:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

OK, I finally solved this... thanks to your hints !!!
I created a .mtl file with your data inside, and added 'mtllib filename' at beginning of my .obj file.

But the final trick is that the 50% transparent effect is visible on render only if when I position the window, I orient the 'black part' at the outside of the wall... I try to say it better : when you add a window, there's a thicker black line that can be either side of the wall. In my case, if this thicker black line is positioned inside the house, I get a totally transparent glass (seen from outside). If the black line is outside, I get the correct 50% transparency.

Is it expected behaviour ?
[Dec 15, 2013, 10:53:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention mtllib reference in the .obj file (I assumed you had both files already).

No, not expected behaviour. Are you sure that BOTH sides of the glass (windowpane) have been assigned the same, transparent colour name? If you share a simple wall sh3d file with your model, it is probably easier to figure out what happened.

ok
[Dec 16, 2013, 7:35:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

Hello,

Here is an example... it seems you are right, and the glass hasn't a 50% transparent property on both sides...

Wall with Trapeze window

How can I correct this ?
[Dec 16, 2013, 10:29:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

When I open the file, the window is transparent from both sides.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 16, 2013, 11:06:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

Ho ho... I imported a zip file containing a .obj and a .mtl in my sh3D wall test. My renderer showed it different if seen on different sides.

If I download it again from my server, change the ground to display a green texture, I still have the transparency difference...

What did I miss when exporting ? Could there be a local file that enables my 'selective side transparent view'
[Dec 16, 2013, 11:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

It looks to me as if you have a one sided object (window pane): transparent glass (verre) on one side and nothing on the other side. If you can define and add material to the other (invisible) side of the glass, it should be ok.

ok
[Dec 17, 2013, 10:58:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Theduck38

Hello,

You were right... I used for the glass a polygon instead of a cube as a primitive... my noobish fault !

Problem is now solved with a 3D object as window glass.

Thanks for your help, okh and hansmex !
[Dec 17, 2013, 5:53:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved