Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15075 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
pencilart
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
More questions

1) How do I add a 2nd floor?

2) I want a wrap around porch with a staircase going up to it (the house is elevated) how do I make the staircase so that it starts from the ground going up? Can I replace the low walls with railing?

See snapshot of what I've done so far:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/gymnart/snapshot-PradiseHome.jpg

I'm starting to have a lot of fun with this. Thanks for making it!

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Oct 2, 2007, 10:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: More questions

Sweet Home 3d doesn't support multiple floors at this time.
The only trick you can do is to add a box to simulate a floor and change the elevation of all the furniture you want to put on the second floor.

The elevation is always positive so you can't make a staircase so that it starts from the ground going up.
If you find an importable railing you may use it instead of low walls.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 3, 2007, 1:11:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tspencer2000

Hi! While you're developing a "second story" feature, could you perhaps make it so that objects can be A) more than 1,000 inches (just over 90 feet) tall, and B) make it so that the elevations (the start AKA "floor") can also be run higher? I'm working on a radio station design, and there's no simple way to model the tall tower. Best I could do was a cylinder, 18" dia and 1,000 in tall... Somewhat less than optimal. I'm also having fun trying to make or find models of all the equipment, but that's another topic. praying
[Nov 22, 2009, 3:24:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Spencer,

There's a workaround for the missing height.

Build a first level of max 999 high.
Than build a second level also of 999 high and copy it on-top of the first part. That way you can at least go to a height of 1999.

I never tried it with greater heights.

Like you, some time ago I also requested an adaptation in the program to allow greater heights and elevations.

Succes,

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 21, 2009, 4:02:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved