Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11517 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: House Design - Rendered In Mitsuba

Whilst i do not understand technical, umm stuff, you describe, i would think that that scene, with the additional light sources needed would take 2-3 hrs at Q4 with default settings, maybe just changing to silky and set to 2400 pixels, these are what i commonly use, then open with paint, reduce size to 50% for displaying here.
The ceiling/wall issues i would gladly help with if you wish.

Mike
[Apr 5, 2019, 1:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Hi bdfd, thanks...

Do you have more info on the restriction/limitation?

I would like to know more.

Is that in one direction or both ( height / width )?

It does look as if this points in the direction of sliding doors.

Thanks for the advice.
[Apr 5, 2019, 4:17:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Hi Mike

Yes sure understood - the terms are all "Mitsuba" terms or terms of the renders used within so you would probably not have heard those precise terms unless you use Mitsuba.

I just include them in case anyone decides to play around with Mitsuba and wants suggested settings.

Actually I am not happy with that big window end of the living area so I am going to play around with variations for a while, I had hoped that accurate rendering would reveal some hidden charm for me but somehow its not grabbing me the way it should.

So far the design has been fairly easy.

We started off with some basic principles and designed the guest chalets first - steel frame, single storey, mono-pitch roof, insulated panels - almost designed itself because of the start principles.

We then decided for costs and ease that our own house should be two units of the guest chalet but upscaled and connected by a bridge which ended up very wide and being a favoured feature in itself. Re-use of same basic unit.

So kind of a rules based design following some simple guiding principles - it seems to be getting tougher now as the basic principles have been satisfied and now we are getting more into the aesthetics.

We will be firming up with a pro architect along the way - just seeking to do the countless hours of "what ifs" and tweaks on our time not theirs.
[Apr 5, 2019, 4:40:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

... I am surprised that neither of the large windows has an opening aspect to them...
Mike
Hi,
I'm agree with Mike on this point. wink

With the actual technology, all large glassed windows cannot be more larger than 2 meters. biggrin
It's due to fragility of the glass so the pressure of the atmosphere and the force of the wind giving vibrations and can break the glass.

sad

Sorry, not in french or english, but they have windows of 3.2m x 17m:
big windows
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Apr 5, 2019, 4:50:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jonnie63

Hi Mike

If you have a recommendation for keeping subparts of a wall of sloping height in line with the original I would be very interested.

I had assumed I would just have to work it out once the design is more stable but if there is a neat way of keeping them all in line it would be good to hear.

I now have a proper roof ( well a rhomboid ) but currently I have to drop it down by an extra few centimeter to deal with the cracks - probably not very professional of me.

Thanks Jon
[Apr 5, 2019, 9:47:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

The walls can, unfortunately, only be handled 1 at a time for modification, ensuring they are joined will help keep them together, but, when sloping walls join at angles it does give some odd results. Alignment can be insured by modifying the walls by matching their x/y coordinates. Once you are happy with the walls and have doors and windows positioned you could export them.
[Apr 6, 2019, 11:42:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved