Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2765 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
TinkyWinky

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Setting for world elevation

I am constructing house and environment. For my mental stability, the reference elevation is 0 := FFL (finished floor level). This means that that the garden's elevation is below 0.

The rest of the world is at height 0 which does not look so well. My garden is certainly not a pit digged into the groud as the air view suggests.

What would help here is a setting for the world's elevation. If set to -90, it would be at about my garden's height.
[Feb 28, 2019, 9:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: Setting for world elevation

Oh, this would be very cool! I would love to set the elevation of Thun from 568m to 3m and go directly from my door to the beach within a few steps! cool

I can hardly believe that your mental stability is that unstable that you can not set your reference level to 90.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Feb 28, 2019, 10:00:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TinkyWinky

Hey, the beach is 200km horizontally but only 34m vertically away for me, so this wouldn't solve the issue. wink

To explain the motivation better:

My project has (currently) about 40 levels. I imagined it would be easier to calculate offsets between several coordinate systems:

• the bounder's plan uses normal height null as reference;
  • the architect's plan uses FFL as reference which is 34.8m above NHN;
  • the brick mason's notes use the lower edge of the base plate as reference which is 42cm below FFL;
  • I use the moisture barrier as reference of height which is 16.5mm below FFL since it is visible from the outside when I plan the modeling of the garden's surface;
  • when controlling the surface elevation, I use moisture barrier plus 50cm since my surveyor's level device is approx 10cm high and needs a tripod;
  • upper floor uses FFL plus 2,91m, attic adds some more height.

I know, it's just addition and subtraction in the range of -100 to +800. Not that difficult, especially for a computer engineer, isn't it?

However, oversight or miscalculation is difficult to correct when using armoured concrete. A good rule to avoid oversight is to keep it as simple as possible which means to translate all systems to _one_ coordinate system. I would prefer FFL.

Which leads to the world simply being 1m too high. smile
[Feb 28, 2019, 10:32:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, now I totally understand your wish!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Feb 28, 2019, 11:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved