Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 52808 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 6.1

Hello,

Here's a Beta version of the version 6.1. [Links removed]

This will be mainly a maintenance release with bug fixes and a few improvements:
- Interpreting math expressions when length unit is not cm now works correctly
- It fixes offscreen rendering when depth size is not supported
- It brings a few improvements in the plan: a more efficient management of the cache of top view icons for similar furniture, a correct drawing of top views and multi line texts at large zoom factor, a better management of icons updates within updated groups
- It allows to toggle the selection of an object in the furniture list without unselecting other items in home
- It brings support for mirrors on hinge and rail with sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ / sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_rail_ prefixes
- Information about the used memory was added in the About dialog box:

- It also fixes some issues related to right to left orientation used in languages like Arabic or Hebrew. This will allow to welcome soon a new Arabic translation SH3L file prepared by MFM Dawdeh, as shown below.

I will be happy to read your feedback about your tests. Hope you won't find any regression...

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 6.1 was released on January 22, 2019]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 24, 2019, 1:47:08 PM]
[Jan 16, 2019, 7:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.1

- It brings support for mirrors on hinge and rail with sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_hinge_ / sweethome3d_window_mirror_on_rail_ prefixes
I will be happy to read your feedback about your tests. Hope you won't find any regression...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I have a model almost ready for this! I just need to find a couple of hours to update the model and test, it's been a tough start of the year for my free time :D

From the changelog, a lot of sweet updates!
[Jan 17, 2019, 11:44:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sweet Home 3D 6.1 was released today.

Thanks for your tests smile
[Jan 22, 2019, 7:53:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

Dear Puybaret,
I can confirm that mirrors on doors with hinge are working and rocks!

I did not remember that when asking for the feature I already did rename the item in the correct way, so that I lost time to open and find the files, just for seeing that were already ok, so Opened up SH 6.1 and tested, very good! Now we can do almost anything with doors!

I have to admit that since I started using it (v5.4) it exponentially added features and became better, just to be almost perfect for what I need now!

Thank you, and congratulations for this wonderful software (from a developer and from a user)!
[Jan 23, 2019, 10:41:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

...it exponentially added features and became better, just to be almost perfect for what I need now!

AMEN
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 23, 2019, 11:23:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback smile

For your information, I released again the binaries of Sweet Home 3D 6.1 a few minutes ago, because I discovered that it wasn't possible to ignore prices in preferences pane once you chose a currency. Version in About dialog box is now 6.1a. Sorry for any inconvenience.
[Jan 23, 2019, 3:08:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just released a new version 6.1.2 of Sweet Home 3D, a small update which fixes shortcuts management under macOS and a regression which prevented from changing the dash style of polylines.
Using shortcuts with a non Latin keyboard under macOS was provoking double actions (double undos, double save dialog boxes, etc!), and I felt that this bug was serious enough to avoid waiting longer to be fixed.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Feb 2, 2019, 10:01:54 AM]
[Feb 1, 2019, 4:29:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Raevlav

Rus

Win7 64bit OS. When opening a file in 64-bit SH version it crushes right on the start at most of the times with a 3d Error: "Sweet Home 3D will exit now because of a fatal error in the 3D rendering system of your computer. Pleas update the DirectX/OpenGL drivers of your computer graphics card"
32-bit version of SH works fine.
[Feb 14, 2019, 7:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
masterrazor

Antigua and Barbuda

I've been having the same issue since every version after 5.4.
[Feb 18, 2019, 5:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Raevlav, Masterrazor, sorry but you should live with this 32 bit "official" solution. I know it might cause some memory limitations, but I have no idea how to use a recent Java 64 bit version in your cases.
The only solution that might still work for a while is to install a 64 bit version of Sweet Home 3D that works for you, backup the jre8 folder found in the installation folder, install the 64 bit version of Sweet Home 3D 6.1.2 and replace its jre8 folder by the backup you kept.
[Feb 18, 2019, 7:26:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved