Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9603 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
DanielJ

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Cut-out for kitchen sink

I've been suffering a lot with the sink like a lot of people before me. Is it possible to make an exact copy of a particular model of the sink? Or just to make it myself, I have a bad customer and if I can add exactly what he wants, for example, one of these sinks, it will be much easier for me.
[Nov 26, 2019, 4:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

There is a way to create openings of any forms and make holes using it.

1. Make a level with elevation equal to floor thickness
2. Draw needed shape with room tool. Off showing area and ceiling for the room.
3. Make wall (and rooms) fully transparent on 3D by Modify 3D view/Walls transparency 100%
4. Take any existing transparent opening or just any piece of furniture, make it microbe size, put near of your room and "copy as new furniture" (it is plugin) room and opening together. The reason you need small piece also - button "copy as new furniture" doesn't work with rooms only, you need some furniture also. You may try to use ОBJ export/import instead of this plugin.
5. Paste your room, now you have transparent оbject. Then you need to rotate it to 90* several times. To understand needed angles you may train on half-transparent objects.
6. Export transparent object to ОBJ, and import as a furniture door/window. Now you have transparent opening
7. Make walls nontransparent back, draw wall with dimension of table top; and put new opening to the wall - then you have hole.
8. Copy the wall with hole "as furniture" or use OBJ Export/import; rotate it, add texture - now you have table top with hole

[Dec 5, 2019, 2:54:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

And also, there is an easier way :)

Just draw room with hole, export it to OBJ and import as furniture

[Dec 5, 2019, 3:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved