Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4186 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
CliffordLadner

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Which one is better Blender or Sweethome

Hello guys,

I am a freelancer who makes 3D models for the clients. I mainly use Blender for the work. The client I am currently working with is someone who offers windows and door. So I need to model a lot of doors and windows that are made up of metals, wood and glasses. The problem with blender is, the cycle render engine is not helpful when it comes to glasses. It is too difficult to create the exact real-world scenario where light is been reflected through glasses of different sizes and IOR. So, I like to know whether Sweethome 3D will be helpful in scenarios like this? Will you recommend sweet home over Blender? If someone has experience working with both blender and sweet home, please tell me the strengths and weakness of both the software.

[Moderated]
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 22, 2018, 2:26:05 PM]
[Nov 22, 2018, 7:14:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Which one is better Blender or Sweethome

Blender and SH3D are very different. Blender is brilliant for making models: windows, doors, furniture, etc. For making a home - and for rendering complete, multi-model homes, SH3D is easier to work with. And with SH3D it is (relatively) easy to add extra model properties to windows/doors etc. so you can move and play in a scene without much editing.

So, I supoose the answer is both. At least for me it is.

ok
[Nov 22, 2018, 5:35:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bubblobill

Australia
Re: Which one is better Blender or Sweethome

+1. Model in Blender, compose in SH3D
[May 4, 2019, 11:56:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved