Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5315 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
adibuyono

Indonesia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
staircase generator

First of all, thank you very much to provide such useful software for open source community.

I always having trouble with the staircase provided in furniture, and I have zero knowledge about 3D modelling.

I wish there is an easy way to create staircase met every user need.
I think staircase generator would be a great idea for all of us.

Staircase generator I mean is like :
1. first, we need to choose which kind of staircase we are going to regenerate. i.e : L shape staircase, U shape staircase, direct staircase.
2. Then, we need to enter how many steps for each part of stair case. For example : I choose L shape staircase, the lower part of the staircase is 4 steps, and the higher part of the staircase is 11 steps.
3. Last, we need to input how is the height and wide of each steps.
and voila, the software generate a staircase for us.

Anyway, this is just my two cents. If i am asking too much, I am really sorry.
And again, sorry for my bad English.
Hope everyone understand what I am trying to describe.
[Nov 3, 2018, 2:10:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US
Re: staircase generator

+10 on this!
My staircases are never cookie-cutter, and they almost always require a special model, so of course i would support this.

Altho it would be very complicated, this kind of customization would help take SH3D out of the "tinkering" genre of software to something more serious.
This probably would be best suited as a plugin, but hopefully such a feature would allow for curved steps, customized bannisters/railing and its placement, and multiple texturization.

I disagree on HOW MANY steps would need to be input, but rather the rise of each step, and the altitude that needs to be covered. Perhaps a separate option would allow you to put in a "break" for turning the angle of the staircase.
[Nov 5, 2018, 9:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I think this one and others could be a subject in developers part.
In my imagination I see an entry in Menu like "Tools" or "Generators" with few entries:
-shape generator
-stairs or staircase generator
-roof generator
-furniture builder
-terrain generator
All of this could be made as individual plugins.
First step was made by shape generator.
For stairs generator could be used as start point for plugin developers the code (free) from AOI named Array... in combination with shape generator.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 21, 2018, 9:54:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try the Staircase generator plug-in available here.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 13, 2023, 11:02:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
arpy

US

I'd like to generate a U shaped staircase with landing but one where I can specify the number of steps on each side. For example, I want 15 total steps, 12 on one side, then the landing, then 3 more down from the landing.

Is there anyway to do this?
[Mar 17, 2024, 4:42:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved