Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2811 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
evohk

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cannot import material from Blender

Hello,

I know this topic has been several times discussed, but no ones have resolved my issue.

I have modeled a chair and a table with BLENDER. I have created materials (with names) and now I would like to import them in SH3D.

Issue :
    I load my models with the .OBJ format in SH3D without problem, but materials are not applied. I precise that the .MTL file is in the folder with the .OBJ file.

Same result for a table in glass material that I have created. The colour of the table is the color of the viewport that I have assigned to my model in the material tab.

I have to tell that I use Cycle Render .

Thank you for your help !
[Nov 2, 2018, 2:42:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Cannot import material from Blender

It's difficult to help you without any file to test.
Did you check the colors in the MTL text file?
If all lines starting by Kd are followed by 3 identical values (RGB), your objects will be grey.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2018, 5:56:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evohk

France

Yes you are right, values next to Kd are identical...

I can give the Blender file if it can help.
How can I send you the file?
[Nov 2, 2018, 9:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Send it here or share it with an other tool.
[Nov 2, 2018, 9:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your file.
You shouldn't use Cycles materials, but simple materials with Diffuse and Specular colors like in the file attached to this post.
By the way, your objects are too detailed / heavy: with an OBJ file of 27 MB for a simple chair, you'll soon run out of resources in Sweet Home 3D.
Attachment BlueBox.blend (457452 bytes) (Download count: 157) (A Blender file showing a simple blue box)

[Nov 3, 2018, 10:59:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
evohk

France

Thank you a lot, you are right, I have used the standard Blender Render motor. By using materials from this motor, furnitures imported in SH3D keep their shapes and materials. Wonderful !
[Nov 4, 2018, 10:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Actually this thread calls up a need: we should have and easy how-to on using Blender to create 3D models that SH3D can bring in, textures and all. The stickie should remind what to do and NOT do when saving to an SH3D-compatible file.
[Nov 5, 2018, 9:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved