Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14226 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Background Pixelation

What is IBL lighting and where do you get it?

IBL ( Image Based Lighting) is using an image as a light source, instead of using the sun.
The exact terminology (IBL) is not used here, instead it's called: Enhance external brightness,
and can be selected as an option if you install ( or have installed) THIS plugin,
which also offers some other tools for enhancing the rendering process.

Settings:

The best way to use this for your project is to apply a totally white texture ( not colour!) to your sky and ground.

You could also experiment with panel lights to further enhance your renderings.

Cec
[Oct 27, 2018, 12:12:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

Thanks for all your help so far.

I have installed the 'PhotoVideoRendering - 1.6' plugin but it says it isn't compatible with the version of Sweet Home 3D.

I'm running SH3D v5.7
[Oct 29, 2018, 8:27:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

There are different versions of EnkoNyito plugin in his thread but you should better upload the new 6 version of Sweet Home 3D...
[Oct 29, 2018, 9:13:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I installed Sweet Home 3D v6.0.

I chose a white texture for the ground and sky as suggested. I used white roughcast.

I checked the 'Enhance external brightness' box and set the time to 00:00 midnight and Q4, which it needs to be. As you can see from the rendered image, it is even worse than before and it took 10 times as long to render...51 minutes 40 seconds to be precise. Why it took that long I have no idea, it's not exactly very detailed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqb2osf0z49uray/KWS_1stFloor%20-%20TEST.png?dl=0

I'm not producing very detailed 3D building layouts.

Where do I go from here?

Would it be easier for me to send the file to one of you guys with the proper expertise, to see if you can get it to render without pixelation?

Thanks.
[Oct 29, 2018, 10:43:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I would suggest to create a large white zone around you building, and cut / paste everything else on top of that.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 29, 2018, 11:43:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Do you mean create a large white image .png and use this as the background, then copy and paste everything on to that?
[Oct 29, 2018, 11:54:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I used white roughcast

White is #FFFFFF.

THIS is a white texture

Here is how it should render

Cec
[Oct 29, 2018, 12:23:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

I have used your .png as a texture for the ground & sky. It's saying the estimated rendering time is 56 minutes...that can't be right?
[Oct 29, 2018, 12:30:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

If you are not working on Summit this is absolutely a real time for rendering at Q4.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 29, 2018, 12:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

OK that's understandable.

I made the pixel size smaller so it rendered faster, but there is still pixelation. See link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcrjthgfnx2xos2/KWS_1stFloor%20-%20TEST2.png?dl=0

What else could be causing it?
[Oct 29, 2018, 12:54:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved