Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20485 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: massive color-difference

Easy and simple idea - and it totally works!!!

For me this is a workaround and I can live with this as a solution, but I'm still wondering what's the issue with the colour...

Glad to know. I'm wondering it too. May be Emmanuel can explain it, although I'm not sure whether it's a SH3D or SunFlow issue.
----------------------------------------
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 21, 2018, 6:08:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nobody complained until now but it's clearly an issue that should be fixed if possible, particularly if the rendering is different with a similar texture.
Please, open a bug ticket.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2018, 6:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Please, open a bug ticket.

...done.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 21, 2018, 6:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks. I will investigate...
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 21, 2018, 10:06:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

but I'm still wondering what's the issue with the colour...
There's really no issue:
The reflected colours change as the light changes – just as in real life.

To best manage colours, the first thing you should do is to calibrate the brightness of your 3d view,
if you haven't done that already:
Apply a completely white texture to the sky.
Render different coloured objects with enhance external brightness checked, and no sunlight.

Adjust the brightness of the 3D view until the brightness is as close to the rendered image as possible.

_______

I find that applying a white top to a partly clouded sky image, is a good way to get nice daylight colours when using the enhanced brightness option.

cec
[Oct 26, 2018, 5:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Sorry cec, but this IS an issue! Such massive differences are NOT like in real life.
Of course I have tried to adjust all the params, but none of them has improved the condition.
And why are texture colours not the same as only colours?
Pascal

[Oct 26, 2018, 7:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

This picture shows what's wrong in my opinion:

- The left cube has a texture which is only colored as #520015
- The right cube has the color #520015 directly

In my opinion both cubes should look the same, we should see exactly the same color. But only the textured cube shows the color #520015 as it should be.
Pascal

[Oct 26, 2018, 8:42:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

You are absolutely right!
I totally misunderstood the problem.

Here is a test with white, showing the opposite effect between the preview and the rendered image.

cec
[Oct 26, 2018, 10:02:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I think it makes sense to post the link to the bug ticket.
This way anyone can add further informations regarding the problem.
Pascal

[Oct 26, 2018, 10:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Superpippo

Italia

Problema simile ... Cielo costantemente rosso anche se cambio colori o Texture se faccio foto in modalità 3 o 4 ... parzialmente risolto : 1) mettere in modalità visita virtuale 2) alzare la testa dell'omino e inquadrare solo il cielo 3) fare una foto in modalità 3 o 4 e vedere se il colore si è resettato e il cielo è tornato blu 4) abbassare gradualmente la testa continuando a verificare che tutto sia tornato a posto 5) vedere con l'inquadratura giusta gli sfondi sono tornati normali 6) fare la stessa verica con l'inquadratura 3d aerea 7) cambiare i punti cardinali o inserire una luce bianca se alcune Texture danno sul giallo
[Nov 16, 2018, 3:12:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 29   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved