Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20492 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
massive color-difference

For a long time I have been wondering what the color difference between the two lower (1 & 2) and the two upper (3 & 4) rendering levels is all about.
As in the lower levels, I select the colors, read them from a picture or compare them with a pattern.
When rendering in the upper levels, the colors are too bright and far away from what I chose.
I've tried so much and I do not know how to continue. Is there a workaround?

Level 1 - How I wish it should be (Red)

Level 3 - How it turns out (Red)

I would be so grateful for a solution ...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 19, 2018, 8:18:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain
Re: massive color-difference

Could it be the material shininess? The ship material seems to be too reflective. Look at the white part at the ship's rear left corner. It's reflecting the illuminated zone of the floor. Look at the floor below the table and chairs too. It's reflecting the leg of the chairs.

I think that's the cause of the color change. Try to adjust the shininess on the material and it should help.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 21, 2018, 12:01:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Unfortunately this is not the reason.

In this picture the whole back deck (the upper red part) is set to matt and it's not even a bit better.
Pascal

[Oct 21, 2018, 1:39:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

From the length of the shadows, I think you chose a quite late hour of the day which produces a yellow color. Try at another hour, or even choose a night hour and add some white lights.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Oct 21, 2018, 3:23:26 PM]
[Oct 21, 2018, 2:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

My suggestion - check ambient/specular color and illumination model in .mtl file. I can't test it now - today nothing's working as it should
[Oct 21, 2018, 2:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Time is set to noon, but in October.

So, I rendered a picture at 12:07 on 21.06.2018, the highest point of the sun this year:

And one at 23:22 on 21.12.2018, the middle of the longest night this year with a light panel above the boat:

Even in this dark night, you can see, the red colour is not as it should be...
Pascal

[Oct 21, 2018, 2:58:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@alaX - I do not know exactly, which value is for this effect and I do absolutely not know how it should be:
illum 2
Ka 0.32156864 0.0 0.08235294
Kd 0.32156864 0.0 0.08235294
Ks 0.5 0.5 0.5
Ns 64.0

Pascal

[Oct 21, 2018, 3:09:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

I noticed that the table and chairs, which are textured, are more similar between the two render modes.

More as a test or possible workaround (if it works) than a definitive solution, could you make a little bitmap containing only the plain color that you want to use and then use it as a texture for the material? I wonder if it will be processed the same way... thinking
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Oct 21, 2018, 4:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I noticed that the table and chairs, which are textured, are more similar between the two render modes.

More as a test or possible workaround (if it works) than a definitive solution, could you make a little bitmap containing only the plain color that you want to use and then use it as a texture for the material? I wonder if it will be processed the same way... thinking

Easy and simple idea - and it totally works!!!

For me this is a workaround and I can live with this as a solution, but I'm still wondering what's the issue with the colour...
Pascal

[Oct 21, 2018, 4:18:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Great result, great solution !!!!!
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 21, 2018, 5:58:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved