Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1536 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Trinition

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
No textures in ViewER-VR

After encountering many past ways of trying to view SweetHome3D models in Google Cardboard, I came across ViewER-VR which can display ojb models in 3D virtual space.

So I exported my model to *.obj, moved it through Google Drive to my phone, and opened it. The model is there and is wonderfully navigable using Google Cardboard to "walk through" the model. But there are no textures.

I'm new to Wavefront OBJ format, but I see the *.mtl material file and the various texture images alongside my *.obj file. I don't see any errors or warnings, but they could be getting logged somewhere I don't know to look.

Has anyone had better success with this?
[Oct 10, 2018, 6:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
johnericsutton

United Kingdom
Re: No textures in ViewER-VR

I have the same problem - textures are not rendered. At the moment I'm using the Nox Android emulator on a mac rather than a proper smartphone and I don't know to what extent the problem arises from the Nox Android emulation OR from the ViewER-VR app OR from the OBJ model exported from SH3D.

The ViewER-VR app comes with 3 demos which are .3dm files (rather than in OBJ format) and these are also rendered without textures in my setup.

Can anybody confirm that these demos are rendered correctly by ViewER-VR? And if so, using which phone/android version?

Thanks.
[Oct 30, 2018, 4:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trinition

United States

I've changed the "path" in ViewER-VR to my Downloads folder (where my model is). What is the default path it points to with the demo files?
[Nov 3, 2018, 3:10:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trinition

United States

OK, I was able to find them: Car, Butterfly and Design room. Each opens and has some simple colors, but no real "textures":

Butterfly: two-tone pink wings with dark body
Car: copper or orange with black tires, windows and spoiler
Design room: black carpet, gray bed, brown woof on chair with black padding, red wine in glass, red accents on wine bottle.
[Nov 3, 2018, 3:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved