Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11953 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: New prefixes

Hmm, maybe not very useful smile
On the contrary!
This is exactly why I asked for a custom definable pivot when posting my wish-list.

This is extremely useful everytime the wind is changing wink

Cec
[Oct 23, 2018, 6:09:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

This is extremely useful everytime the wind is changing
And alas, it will change soon sad
[Oct 23, 2018, 11:48:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

The hinges and rails are certainly useful and a great addition to SH3D! At least if it were not for all the custom models that needs updating.
..extremely useful everytime the wind is changing...
smile As for a flagpole, well, I use it mostly to visualise wind, and not least shadows around a building. What is tricky, though, is to get the smooth proportions nicely textured and make the flag look fairly realistic. In real life, unless there is a gale, flags tend to flap helplessly around the flagpole - but then, maybe not as good for seeing wind. Anyway, here is the model with a more realistic flag, still hinged and texture mapped.

SF 3D models 506:

flag_hinged_pole.zip

[Oct 24, 2018, 1:30:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

Great lamp in SF 3d models 505, alaX!

Thanks. I'm not happy with transparent part - looks quite good with light on and off when rendered Q3 and Q4 but I have to work on Q1/Q2 appearance.

Another clock (507) - it needs some light sources built in.

clock-test.sh3d
[Oct 24, 2018, 10:00:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

I'm not happy with transparent part - looks quite good with light on and off when rendered Q3 and Q4 but I have to work on Q1/Q2 appearance.
Another clock - it needs some light sources built in.

clock-test.sh3d
Great ! applause

Could you make this clock with an automatic mode (like a real clock) ?

With an help of a plug-in ?
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Oct 25, 2018, 7:08:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

What does it do using the prefixes?
[Oct 25, 2018, 7:56:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

You can change the time.
[Oct 25, 2018, 8:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

@bdfd
Automatic? As if it displays the time you heve set in CreatePhoto/PVR? Yeah, just give me a sec... laughing
[Oct 25, 2018, 9:23:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hi AlaX, the clock model is clever. I am impressed at all the ideas you can come up with for using the prefixes.

It would be interesting to see whether Modify 'openings' could with light sources too, at least as a stationary light inside the non-rotating part. Maybe you could try it with the panel light sources?

ok
[Oct 26, 2018, 7:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

The problem with lights in my clock model is that they rotate after modification of openings. I forgot the rule:
(...) if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too.
(#39691 )

Pity - I created new model and it looks good with lights on but only if openings are in their initial position (time 00:00).

There's no space inside where I could place light not intersecting with openings.

I don't know how to define part of model as a triangle mesh light (opaque panel).

I haven't found any clever utilization of "arm_on_ball" yet wink
[Oct 26, 2018, 11:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 5   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved