Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4215 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
alaX

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Before 6.0

1) Aligning furniture - selection order. Objects should align to the last selected one - I'm used to do it this way using other software (2d and 3d). Let's say I have just edited/added furniture (1) and I want align it to another one(2) - I can't use the fact that 1 is still selected and simply shift+click on 2.

2) Merge walls - action opposite to "split wall" (removing expendable point in the middle of wall).

3) Last step in furniture import wizard should look more like 2nd step or "Modify deformation" window - with choice between "perspective", "top view" etc. and maybe "browse" button for external image file. Now furniture rotates around only Z axis and sometimes that's not enough to show the real shapes of my model.

4) Windows start menu - SH3D shows recently opened files (by double clicking in folder, including libraries), I'd prefer list of recently saved projects.
[Sep 24, 2018, 5:02:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Before 6.0

Sorry, I don't think I'll add any more feature in version 6.0 now. I already sent translation requests to our very kind translators, therefore the user interface can't change anymore except for major design flaws.

The software I inspire myself from (OmniGraffle and Word) use alignment rule on the first selected object. Even if your use case is a good one, the current behavior is handy in other cases too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 24, 2018, 10:33:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Re: Before 6.0

Consent 1.2.3.
[Sep 25, 2018, 2:10:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Before 6.1

OK, I have to wait until 6.1. In the meantime expect some more wishes ;)

5) Category "All" always on top of the list.

6) Point of view stored with image size or at least width and height values added to the name of point

7) Watermark on rendered images - as an option.

8) Unique hinge.

9) Combination of two or more hinges, hinge+rail, hinge+ball and two or more balls.

10) One, two or three alternative deformations defined by creator - maybe "Modify deformation" and "Store deformation" buttons in Furniture Library Editor. Home.xml shows that for my transformed sofa with hinge and rail two lines were added (matrix) and dimesions changed - FLE could save new dimensions and matrix in .txt or .xml and add properties e.g.:
"transformationNameA#1=abc"
"transformationMatrixA#1=abc.txt"

11)"Store deformation" option for users

[Oct 1, 2018, 3:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TalonKarrde

Re: Before 6.1

Hello Together,

I'm quite new to SH3D, and with the exception from one feature, it's in my opionen the perfect solution to get a draft from your home - A "Profil View" with measurements.

My Goal is to get an offer from different construction companies for my House, but therefore I not only need the ground plan/view with the dimensions/measurements, they also request a so called "Profile View" from he building.

Up to now I wasn't able to get this out of the default view and wasn't able to find a tip or an other valid workaround.

Thus I would higly recommend a this feature.

As far as my java knowledge reach, there is already a method to get every "Wall-Object" on a line.
So it would be sufficient that you can define a point A and a point B in the "Home Plan" View. The line (or more like a slice thats generated) collects the different informations of the objects it's meeting and displays it.
After that one can add the measurements via the "usual" measurement tool.
I even wouldn't mind if the Profil View has to be updated manually.

If anyone needs further explanation or if the description is to short, just let me know, I will gladly write more.

Thank you all in advanced and also lots of thanks for the already great solution!
Jan
[Oct 8, 2018, 1:10:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hi and welcome, this may not be the right thread, but if I understand you correctly, what you wish for has been described in
a couple of threads (such as thread,8045#36626). While there are no perfect workarounds, there are users who have been able to provide the powers that be with sufficient information. Good luck. ok

A not-so-good example:

[Oct 8, 2018, 3:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Up to now I wasn't able to get this out of the default view and wasn't able to find a tip or an other valid workaround.

SH3D is primarily an interior design application and therefore you can not find this feature.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 8, 2018, 4:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
TalonKarrde

Hello OKH,

thanks for your quick reply - I would be surprised if nobody ever suggested this, unfortunately I wasn't able to find the Threads/Ticket due to wrong key words I searched for.
As far as I'm concerned, a side view would be sufficient for the first step. In the Feature Request #484 side view is also asked for tools to document wiring, pipes, etc.

Perhaps when my home is build, I will have some time and see if my Java-knowledge is sufficient to build a plugin for my request - we'll see ;)

@ UbuntuBirdy - thanks for your confirmation :)

Greetings
[Oct 10, 2018, 9:54:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved