Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 124
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 300014 times and has 123 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Light & textures - rendering examples of this and that.

This is one more, a sea view bedroom :)

And this is the other part of the bedroom

[Aug 31, 2018, 5:45:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Very nice!
Seems you're getting the hang of it.

Here's a tip:
Try to scale down your background image so that the sky starts at the top of the green area of the sky template, and watch what happens.

Cec
[Aug 31, 2018, 7:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Here is a result I obtained using your template Cecilia.

What do you think about it?

For the one with seaview, I think you placed the horizon way too high. Make sure the horizon and the distant mountain are within the green band in Cecilia's template.
[Sep 1, 2018, 1:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Very nice!
Seems you're getting the hang of it.

Here's a tip:
Try to scale down your background image so that the sky starts at the top of the green area of the sky template, and watch what happens.

Cec

Thanks, I think now it is better :)

But the problem is that I should scale a lot the background image in order to have a large covering of the sky, and this brings a lower quality of it.
[Sep 1, 2018, 12:04:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Here is a result I obtained using your template Cecilia.

What do you think about it?

For the one with seaview, I think you placed the horizon way too high. Make sure the horizon and the distant mountain are within the green band in Cecilia's template.

Here is the result, I think it is better, thank you Rontant.

[Sep 1, 2018, 12:57:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Yes, you got it. Well done. Bravo!
[Sep 1, 2018, 1:07:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

But the problem is that I should scale a lot the background image in order to have a large covering of the sky, and this brings a lower quality of it.

Seems you are using a wide angle FoV here.
Try setting the FoV to around 60 and move the camera back until you have a nice shot.

Note: you can move the camera further back to see the coordinates better. In fact you can move the camera anywhere on the x,y and z -axis, and your preview will still show exactly the same sector of the sky.

Do this again:

Look at the coordinates. Your image does not need to cover more than what's inside the coordinates, neither the width or the height.

Cec
[Sep 1, 2018, 2:48:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I tried to change some parameters, to adjust the virtual visitor and to scale the background image, here is the result:

[Sep 1, 2018, 3:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Wonderful, expert, tutorial, th Cec
[Sep 3, 2018, 10:48:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@ AdeleAlli

I think it's better when the horizon/sky-image is sized this, but maybe you should select a wider image, so that the horizon is covered for the full with of the snapshot.

If I could see your project file, I could make some suggestions about using the sky image.

Cec
[Sep 4, 2018, 10:09:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved