Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 124
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 300053 times and has 123 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Light & textures - rendering examples of this and that.

Hi Cecilia,

the results are very good, but I do not understand how should I use the image you posted in order to obtain similar results, can you explain better?

thank you
[Aug 30, 2018, 10:03:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

I do not understand how should I use the image you posted in order to obtain similar results, can you explain better?
I will try.

I have used demoproject#3 for this purpose:

Please download the modified project file HERE

When you open the project go to this view:

As you might notice, I have made some quick ( and dirty) modifications to the project file,
like replacing the sky with my sky template and adding a swimming pool (to get a reflective surface).
I have also added some other stuff that you might find useable.

Now you can render a preview where you will see the coordinates for the part of the sky that will be visible in the final rendering.

Find an image that you would like as background, and open the sky template in a suitable editor.
Don't choose a small image – choose an image that is at least 1024 px wide, but preferably bigger.
The best size is an image you don't have to stretch in order to make it fit inside the coordinates,
and remember that if you have an horizon in your sky image, it should preferably not exceed the green
area on the bottom of the sky template.
Make sure that your image is aligned at the bottom ( preferably moved a few pixels below) so you're absolutely sure there's no gap,
as a gap at the bottom will create an ugly line along the horizon.

Save the edited sky template under a different name. Use jpg @ high or maximum quality.

Hope this was helpful.

Cec

Oh yes, almost forgot,
my final image:

Lots of luck, and don't hesitate to ask if something is unclear.

c
[Aug 30, 2018, 5:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I'm just impressed... just impressed, but extremely impressed !!!
...am I repeating me???

I can not believe how simple your solution is for this impressive result!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 30, 2018, 6:12:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

It is clear, thanks. But, for the ground? How did you create it? Is it the part of the sky image below the horizon or is it another image that you used?
[Aug 30, 2018, 6:44:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

But, for the ground? How did you create it? Is it the part of the sky image below the horizon or is it another image that you used?
The ground is textured with an image that I have created with Photoshop – an image that you can access and use, as it's used in the project file.
The ground texture is a low-res compromise between resolution and weight. This grassy ground weighs 1.2 Mb. If I could choose freely, I would choose to use a file that weighs like 200Mb, or even more. But Sh3D can't handle files of that size. It just goes white, even with 64Gb of memory assigned in the plist-file .

Anyway;
the ground plane will always be tiled if it's textured – the tiling effect is mathematically unavoidable. But if you make your grassy ground texture into a 20000x20000 cm tile ( like in the project file), then the ground will no longer appear as a matted green bathroom floor – unless you really zoom out and watch it from a 1000 meters altitude.

Please download the project file.
If you still have the same question after examining it, I shall have to make an effort to explain myself in an even simpler manner.

Cec
[Aug 30, 2018, 8:39:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

smile
I'm just waiting for Puybaret to upgrade me to Expert Member wink
[Aug 30, 2018, 8:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

smile
I'm just waiting for Puybaret to upgrade me to Expert Member wink

my vote for you!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 30, 2018, 9:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Yes, absolutely, my vote as well for Cecilia to be promoted.
[Aug 31, 2018, 12:19:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Here is a result I obtained using your template Cecilia.

What do you think about it?
[Aug 31, 2018, 2:29:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lilia1996

USA

Great job.
Really appreciate it!
[Aug 31, 2018, 2:37:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 124   Pages: 13   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved