Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3381 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
wgd

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
"A web page is slowing down your browser..."

Fantastic software! The .sh3d file size for my first project is ~8.4M (compressed). On a Mac desktop, it loads properly in Safari in ~90 seconds, and it also loads in about the same time in Firefox (after ignoring Firefox's temporary "A web page is slowing down your browser..." message). It will not load in either Safari or Firefox on an iPhone with the error message, "This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred." Based on the progress indicator, it appears that the issue is more with the initial parsing of the home.xml file than it is with loading all of the individual models in the .sh3d file since the models seem to load quickly once the home.xml file is finally parsed. I'm using 5 levels in the project, and 3 levels contain minimal data. From the 2 primary levels, I tried deleting some of the largest models (e.g., the 2 roofs) which reduced the overall file size to ~6.2M (compressed), but the issue persists. Is this the result of an excessive file size for the project, poor design on my part (which, I suspect, is a contributing factor), or...??? I'm glad to forward the .sh3d file via e-mail for analysis. TIA for any insight and assistance.
[Aug 17, 2018, 10:54:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wgd

USA
Re: "A web page is slowing down your browser..."

The URL for the project that I referenced has been updated.
[Aug 30, 2018, 6:28:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

SweetHome3DJS works the same on desktop and on iOS, so if it doesn't work on iOS, it's probably that your iPhone can't handle some 3D models or some too large texture images. I would suggest to try first without roof images (just remove the PNG in the folders 14 and 43 of your SH3D file), then if there are still problems, without the roof because it's made of (too) many little objects.

By the way, nice project! wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 31, 2018, 1:11:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wgd

USA

Thank you so much for your reply, Puybaret, and I apologize that I didn't respond sooner. The 24 sections of roof (along with the associated 24 .png textures) is definitely bloating the file size for the project, but I think that I'll continue to experiment with some other options in lieu of removing them entirely. I consider your "By the way, nice project!" comment to be high praise, and I thought that you might want to take a look at the still-shot images (that include many furnishings deleted from the virtual-3D file) that I set to music in a slideshow on the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55gIsRRII30 page. Thanks again for your software--and your feedback!
[Oct 12, 2018, 7:44:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wgd

USA

I've had this project on the back burner for quite awhile now, and I'm just now getting a chance to revisit it. Before making the modifications that I described in my last post, back in 2018 I made a back-up copy of the full .sh3d file (~200M) before creating a new file in which I deleted _many_ objects (to reduce the file size down to ~6M). After upgrading to SH3D v. 6.5.5, I have no issues opening the ~6M file that I created back in 2018, but I can no longer open the original "full" file--or its back-up copy (also created in 2018), and the error message is: Can't open home "/Users/myusername/Desktop/LRHall.sh3d". To no avail, I've already tried your suggestion on the http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,6105#26476 page, and I've also researched the forums for similar issues. I appreciate any suggestions that you may have, and thank you again for your assistance.
[Jun 15, 2021, 10:53:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved