Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2254 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Softcoded default furniture & categories

I spent hours re-classifying my various furniture add-ons into Categories more tuned to the way i work, only to find that when i went in to SH3D, the old categories are still there, occupied by apparently default furniture.

Would like to see the default furniture softcoded into an editable file so i can change the categories. If the application needs to have at least one furniture to work properly, perhaps the code could first check for the softcoded sh3f file, and if unreadable, would then access internal, hardcoded files...

Other than that, just want to rename the categories in the default furniture.
[Aug 15, 2018, 4:13:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Softcoded default furniture & categories

Default furniture and textures lists are softcoded too, but are stored in other places, i.e. in Furniture.jar and Textures.jar files found in Sweet Home 3D installation directory.
Feel free to edit the .properties files they contain.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 15, 2018, 6:47:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

I'm not sure where you mean.

I searched every folder of eteks or SH3D and couldn't find anything except something like prf files...

Where would these be found?
[Aug 15, 2018, 7:01:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Under what system do you use Sweet Home 3D?
[Aug 16, 2018, 5:13:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Windows XP
[Aug 17, 2018, 3:38:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Look in C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib folder.
[Sep 6, 2018, 11:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved