Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7843 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
csb123

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Just installed on mac — cannot save or export

I have spent 2 hours building a layout, and went to save. But it won't save. No dialog box comes up. I can't export any files either. The popup window for saving or exporting anything doesn't come up.

I've not had this problem in any other program.

There are no files in ~/Library/Application Support/eteks/

Which worries me, because does that mean there's no recovery being saved?

I don't want to lose what I've done, but I don't know what to do. I'm worried that if I quit or restart anything, i'll lose all of this.
[Aug 15, 2018, 12:43:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Just installed on mac — cannot save or export

What version do you use (see About dialog box)?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 15, 2018, 6:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csb123

5.7.1 from the app store
[Aug 16, 2018, 3:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In the Mac App Store version, the SH3D files created for recovery purpose are stored in the folder
~/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/recovery.
The .recovered files found there can be copied and changed to .sh3d to be opened by Sweet Home 3D.

Could you give more details about what's happening when you select File > Save and File > Open menu item?
[Aug 16, 2018, 5:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
csb123

The dialog prompt simply does not come up. Nothing appears. Same when I try to open a new document. Nothing happens; I'm not given the opportunity to open the recovered file I renamed as .sh3d.
[Aug 16, 2018, 6:24:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

But doesn't Sweet Home 3D display your SH3D file when you double-click on it? Does it fail too when you try to open a file available in the gallery?
[Aug 16, 2018, 6:59:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tedx

This just happened to me too. No save dialog box would appear. Even tried to export to .svg and still no dialog box. I did a force quit, reopened, and the recovered document came up. Before doing that though, I checked the properties of the recover file to insure it was recent; the I made a copy of the recover file just in case and moved it.

After restarting the application, saving worked just fine.
[Jul 29, 2020, 1:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Recently a user had a similar issue and solved it by opening System preferences panel, clicking on Security & Privacy icon, selecting Privacy tab and finally adding Sweet Home 3D to Full Disk Access option. Could you check if it would work for you?
[Aug 1, 2020, 9:53:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved