Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7937 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Setting Background Colour

Hi,

How do I set the background to a particular colour and get it to come out that colour after rendering?

I've set black as my background colour, but once it's rendered, it comes out a deep grey colour.

Any ideas how to get around this?
[Aug 12, 2018, 1:16:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Re: Setting Background Colour

Do you mean the sky/ground colours? If so, Ceciliabr has covered similar topics / techniques (for post editing) in several threads: thread,7182#32125, thread,8255#37505, thread,6974#30561 and more. And there are other threads on lights and shadow techniques - especially related to enkonyito's excellent Photo-video rendering plugin.

Just to get black you could:
- set 3D view colours to black,
- set compass far north,
- set time to winter solistice, midnight,
- add light-sources...

But maybe I misunderstand and what you want is something different?
[Aug 13, 2018, 8:37:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Thanks okh for you reply.

I'm using Sweet Home 3D for creating fairly simple floor layouts, which I use in my software package for creating Building Management Systems. I have set the background colour to black and it comes out the darkish grey colour. Ideally it would be good to match the background colour which is light grey. I guess I'll need to play around with the settings?

Thanks.

PS - I would have posted an image in the reply, but I didn't know how to.
[Aug 13, 2018, 12:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As explained in the help, the background color is ignored at the two best quality levels. Just use an image with color of your choice as a texture instead.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 13, 2018, 12:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..use in my software package for creating Building Management Systems.
That sounds like an interesting project if you feel like describing it.
.. guess I'll need to play around with the settings?
Yes, it is usually a good idea to test different settings in Q3 relatively low resolution to get a quick impression. My ambition level is low, but many posts especially by Ceciliabr and enkonyito explain how to get accurate renderings. Btw. in Q3 and Q4 there is a difference between Virtual visit which includes sky texture and Aerial view which does not.
I would have posted an image in the reply, but I didn't know how to.
A sticky thread in Gallery explains how to post images. You can use any service, not only mediafire.com, as long as the server settings permit the images to be viewed/embedded without passwords. ok
[Aug 14, 2018, 7:58:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Thanks guys for the response.

Puybaret
I created an image 1400px X 707px and made the colour #C0C0C0 / R192, G192, B192
I then set this as the background colour (as texture) but even when using the best rendering setting the colour differs.

I will try and upload an image showing you what I'm using this for.
[Aug 14, 2018, 10:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

Hi,

I'm still having problems with this. I did try and use an image for the background but that made no difference at all. I now appear to have the background pixelated.

I have uploaded the image to media fire as a .png and copied the link and pasted it using the image button, but when I preview it doesn't show.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0dkoja1j7ocjb2h/DEBS_Basement3.png

I have tried to share the image which hopefully works.

It's a shame that there isn't any fixed settings that will give a sharp look with the solid background colour I want.

Thanks.
[Aug 15, 2018, 10:29:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Looked at the picture, but I am afraid I am confused. It sounds to me that what you want is a rendering at Q1 or Q2 - i.e. similar to the normal 3D view. Would not that give you the image you want? Or, a compromise view - lifting your construction to a level high up to avoid shadows on the ground?

But I must be missing something...

ok
[Aug 15, 2018, 11:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stef.salmon
Advanced Member

UK

If I render at Q1 or Q2 the image doesn't look good.

What do you mean by lifting the construction?
[Aug 15, 2018, 11:36:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Sorry, I am probably not being much help, it is just because I still do not understand. Do you wish for the ground to be crisp, but the construction to have shades and gradients depending on the light?Maybe there is an example image of what you wish to achieve somewhere?

By lifting, putting your construction on a new level - say 20 metres off the ground - move everything there so there is no ground beneath for the construction to cast shadows. Sent you an e-mail showing what I meant.

ok
[Aug 15, 2018, 1:24:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved