Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45594 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Mini Cottage

What a sweet little place! Congratulazioni AdeleAlli! Soon in real?

If only I'd have the money to realize it! But maybe in the future in the mountains of my birth city I will be able to make it real :).

When I wrote " I am working" maybe I was misunderstood :).

Thank you for the comment :).
[Aug 11, 2018, 7:42:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

But you can also look at a smaller fireplace. We had a modern one installed a couple years ago, < 70 cm wide and builds only 40 cm from the wall (chimney) - and it still delivers 5kW - more than enough for your nice little house. ok

Here is the result using a smaller fireplace:

And here is the bedroom upstairs:

I received a suggestion to try to invert the stairs because maybe the space was smaller when someone goes up, considering the slope of the roof and so the result:

First floor

Second floor

Thank you all for the suggestions!
[Aug 12, 2018, 6:41:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Very nice. I think the smaller fireplace looks good and does not take away the charm of your construction.

A staircase going up to a loft can be quite a challenge in any small house. You do not want your head to hit the loft ceiling, and at the same time, you do not want the staircase to block the middle of the room. If local building authorities permit, you could also consider a smaller, steeper staircase that will save a lot of room both downstairs and upstairs. Not everyone will agree (my family), but I quite like the compact staricases. Maybe because I grew up with them, but I also think they 'open' the house and bring the two floors 'closer'.

Steep staircase, but also:
Staircase type Samba
Hatch / ladder type staircase

[Aug 12, 2018, 9:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I personally like spiral staircases. In my opinion they are the best compromise to use as less space as possible and to have a most comfortable staircase.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 12, 2018, 10:42:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I personally like spiral staircases. In my opinion they are the best compromise to use as less space as possible and to have a most comfortable staircase.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion.

I tried to use a spiral staircase. The result is that there is more space now, but I have two problems:

- how to close the space left by the staircase at the second floor (I used 50 cm walls to do it, but I don't like it very much);

- the staircases with handrails that are present in sh3d were too big, and the only one I was able to use is that without handrails, but in a real solution I think that I'll prefer to use handrails.

Here are some renderings:

Ground floor with the fireplace and the staircase

Ground floor with the kitchen corner and the staircase

First floor with the 50cm walls closing the staircase, and the living room area with a desk and a pc (it is a must for me even in a cottage :D )

A view of the ground floor plan to see how much space the staircases occupy now

I know that it is not the right place to ask it, but does someone know how to use staircase models downloaded from other sites? I tried to do that but the staircases that are not sh3d models already present does not leave the space upstairs, so it requires more effort to use them, but in this case I found smaller models that in my opinion where more appropriate for the design of this cottage.

Thanks
[Aug 12, 2018, 7:27:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I usually place the spiral staircases next to a wall. this wall partially replaces the handrail.
I love open constructions and therefore staircases without railing or handrail. but in real I would of course also install a bit more security, but not 50cm stone walls, but 25mm wood walls.

Pascal

[Aug 12, 2018, 9:36:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I know that it is not the right place to ask it, but does someone know how to use staircase models downloaded from other sites? I tried to do that but the staircases that are not sh3d models already present does not leave the space upstairs,

In the third importation pane, you have to choose "Door or window" option.
[Aug 12, 2018, 9:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I know that it is not the right place to ask it, but does someone know how to use staircase models downloaded from other sites? I tried to do that but the staircases that are not sh3d models already present does not leave the space upstairs,

In the third importation pane, you have to choose "Door or window" option.

??? I would choose "Staircase" ("Scala")...
Pascal

[Aug 12, 2018, 9:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Oups! Of course!!
[Aug 13, 2018, 1:34:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I usually place the spiral staircases next to a wall. this wall partially replaces the handrail.
I love open constructions and therefore staircases without railing or handrail. but in real I would of course also install a bit more security, but not 50cm stone walls, but 25mm wood walls.

I think you are right. This is what I obtained following your suggestion:

P.S. Thank you both for telling me how to import staircases in the right way :).
[Aug 13, 2018, 2:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved