Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 36
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 45593 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Mini Cottage

Hi, I am working on a small cottage...

Here is the back:

Here is the front:

I will post the renderings of the interiors when I have them.
[Aug 9, 2018, 12:06:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Mini Cottage

Here is the fireplace:

Sleep area:

Garage:

Mini bathroom:

Staircase to go to the second floor:

View from the dining area:

First floor plan:

Second floor plan:

[Aug 9, 2018, 10:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I decided to change the Arbor with the BBQ with a Pergola and a bbq separated from it.

Here a view of the back of the cottage with the new pergola:

And here a view from the inside of the pergola:

I will like some suggestions if someone has some, in order to improve the cottage and to make it more realistic. :)

Thanks
[Aug 11, 2018, 7:53:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Some suggestions:
- move the staircase 50-100 cms to the left; you get more space for dining & bedroom
- replace stairs with open staircase, maybe a hanging one like these
- move fireplace to the end of the wall and replace with something more open, maybe like these

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 11, 2018, 10:51:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

I really like your design, so there is very little to say. What I would have changed, probably for a different climate, is to move the fireplace downstairs. It looks a bit heavy which could complicate the floor construction. But also, if you use it, all the heat will stay under the ceiling upstairs - and it could get very worm in a small room. If you move it downstairs, heat will also rise to upper floor. ok
[Aug 11, 2018, 12:45:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Some suggestions:
- move the staircase 50-100 cms to the left; you get more space for dining & bedroom

- replace stairs with open staircase, maybe a hanging one

Good suggestion, thank you.

This is the result at the first floor (or ground floor):

Night lights

Day lights

The top view of the plan, now the space for dining room is more

- move fireplace to the end of the wall and replace with something more open, maybe like these

Thank you for this suggestion, I will try to apply it and will post the results later.
[Aug 11, 2018, 2:44:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

I really like your design, so there is very little to say. What I would have changed, probably for a different climate, is to move the fireplace downstairs. It looks a bit heavy which could complicate the floor construction. But also, if you use it, all the heat will stay under the ceiling upstairs - and it could get very worm in a small room. If you move it downstairs, heat will also rise to upper floor. ok

Thank you okh. I think that this suggestion is harder to apply because I should think a way to change the plan of the first floor without messing up completely its design.

I will try to find a good way to apply it but if you have some suggestions I will certainly accept them :).
[Aug 11, 2018, 2:47:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

This is the bedroom upstairs, I modified it.

And this is the top view of the second floor:

I did not like very much the handrails of the stair because they are not following the handrails that I put on the second floor, but I think there is no way to eliminate this imperfection, or is it? Maybe someone already encountered a similar problem. Maybe I should look for a 3d model of stairs that has shorter handrails or I should use one without handrails (but I think it is not the best solution).
[Aug 11, 2018, 5:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

What a sweet little place! Congratulazioni AdeleAlli! Soon in real?
[Aug 11, 2018, 5:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

..this suggestion is harder to apply because I should think a way to change the plan of the first floor without messing up completely its design
Quite, I see your point. My suggestion was primarily made from a location where -20°C is quite common in the winter. But you can also look at a smaller fireplace. We had a modern one installed a couple years ago, < 70 cm wide and builds only 40 cm from the wall (chimney) - and it still delivers 5kW - more than enough for your nice little house. ok
[Aug 11, 2018, 7:06:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved