Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6999 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New and different

A few weeks ago i took my grand kids out for the day, and had, what i thought at the time, a good idea for a new project, now, after 5 weeks of positioning components, maybe not such a good idea, but certainly a challenge to both myself and SH3D, SH3D is doing much better than me.
Little of what i have achieved so for would not have been possible, or atleast, far more difficult, without Emmanuel's X and y modifications mod. wink.
Here is a link to what i am hoping to, eventually, achieve.

Each 8 meter link comprises 10 or 12 leaves, 10 for the inner link, 12 for the outer, each leaf is a room as is the nut.
Here they are black and white to aid me lining them up and setting each ones elevation and angle.

With 2 pairs of chains in position, there will be 3 pairs, you can see the offset of the links which will enable me to stagger the link arms down to the road evenly.

The link arms i have set up as groups, which comprise, a bottom bracket and its ball joint, these are a single object, the link arm and a top bracket with its ball joint, this means that i can position the whole group and set its elevation to the "I" beam, then elevate the top bracket, tweaking the groups position to locate on the chain and finally adjusting the height of the link arm.

For the 2nd chain the grouping is the same but the top bracket has longer hangers to fit through the lower chain, the 3rd chain will have its own top bracket to fit down through both the 1st and 2nd chains.

To give an idea of size i have positioned the Boy, with his height set at 1.8m , 6' in real money.

The last image shows a bit more detail for attaching the link arms to the 2 chains. The green arced object you can see was started life as an arced wall and is now the guide for me to position the individual links of the 3rd chain.

Comments welcome as always

Mike
[Aug 7, 2018, 11:22:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Re: New and different

Man, this is absolutely impressive! I try to imagine the patience you need to work on this project...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 8, 2018, 4:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
applause Re: New and different

Hi miker,

Great detailled work !

I think that towers will be easier to build. wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 8, 2018, 6:28:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: New and different

I have to agree with UbuntuBirdy and BDF here, this is absolutely an outstanding project, detailed to perfection! Great work!
[Aug 22, 2018, 11:09:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved