Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 101
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 196019 times and has 100 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: who would like to live in a houseboat?

I like very much the guest suite!
[Jan 29, 2019, 8:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

The UXEMOTOR is looking very good, i can never get a shine like that on my worktops and cabinets, i do have 2 questions though, from someone with no nautical knowledge at all, are the ballast tanks large enough to compensate for low levels in the fresh water tanks? and i see no handrail for the steps, ok on rivers and such but anything tidal could be an issue.
Great work, keep it up.
Mike
[Jan 29, 2019, 10:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Missed an L, sorry
[Jan 29, 2019, 10:08:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

The LUXEMOTOR is looking very good, i can never get a shine like that on my worktops and cabinets, i do have 2 questions though, from someone with no nautical knowledge at all, are the ballast tanks large enough to compensate for low levels in the fresh water tanks? and i see no handrail for the steps, ok on rivers and such but anything tidal could be an issue.
Great work, keep it up.
Mike

The ballast tanks are only for adjusting the draft and the air draft. For freshwater there are 2 large slow sand filter systems which can satisfy my thirst easily.
Of corse, the slow sand filters do not work with salt water and therefore I have a big freshwater tank of about 2000l which I would have to refill at marinas if longer salt water trips are planned.

The handrail IS a problem which I have not solved yet:
- For channels with locks and narrow marinas an external handrail is unusable because the handling would be too cumbersome. Here you need an internal handrail which is usually mounted directly on the superstructure.
- For lakes and coastal waters or large rivers with larger waves, however, the outer handrail would be extremely much safer.

For the sake of better space utilization I have left the gangboard almost on the whole ship and therefore I have almost no superstructures where I could mount an internal handrail.
The LUXEMOTOR was clearly designed primarily for inland waterways, so an external handrail would be counterproductive.
Do you recognize my dilemma?
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jan 30, 2019, 1:27:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Would something like this be any good to you?

If it is then the sf3d file can be had HERE
Should be easy to tweak to suit the size you need.

Mike
[Jan 30, 2019, 8:00:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Thanks Mike, but I am looking for textures only. They have to be seamless and frameless and black or deep dark grey colored.
Pascal

[Jan 30, 2019, 8:25:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I have rendered a picture to show you what I'm talking about

The system of the module should more look like this one (but without the frame)

And I'm not shure if it's the resolution of the texture, but my rendering looks more like there are rubber mats on the boat than solar cells.
Pascal

[Jan 31, 2019, 5:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi Ubuntu,

Just a tip about solar panels. wink
For maximum performance, it is mandatory that the exposure is optimal.

But I see that there are panels on the ground, ERROR!
The slightest shadow on a small part of the surface (chairs, table, ...) reduces the total power.
It's a physical law.
It is therefore necessary to put panels on the roofs and not on the floor (front and rear).

cool
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 31, 2019, 6:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Maybe this helps?

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 31, 2019, 11:43:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Thanks Hans, but as allways if I find a potentially texture it is not free and way too expensive!
Sorry, but more than 2 CHF for one texture is like you pay 3'000'000$ for a VW Golf... it's really a nice car, but it's not worth that much money...
Pascal

[Jan 31, 2019, 1:56:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved