Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 101
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 196076 times and has 100 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
who would like to live in a houseboat?

Some of you already know I'm designing houseboats with SH3D. And some of you have already seen a corner of one of the boats.
Last night I have collected all my boats in a fleet-file (about 1.2GB) and rendered some views for you as an overview:

The boats are sorted by price. On the first two pictures the left one is the most expensive and the little one on the right of course the cheapest.
On this overviews the boats are not in the water what allows you to see the underwater parts of the hulls and the propulsions.

All boats have beds for at least two persons (up to 6), a bathroom, a kitchen and a table. Only the smallest one has no shower, the bigger ones have even a bath tube. The larger three have almost all you have in an average apartment.

These houseboats are designed for the european inland waterways. The larger three can also navigate in coastal waters. The dimensions have been chosen so that the boats can pass through most of the locks and bridges, although sometimes just barely...

I'll tell you more details (with pictures) about each boat, but I do not know yet which one to start with...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 16, 2018, 12:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: who would like to live in a houseboat?

I'd love to live in a house boat!
If I could choose, I'd prefer the one at the bottom right of the first picture, and I would like it to be situated on a canal in Amsterdam.

Nice project!

X
[Jul 16, 2018, 9:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, I think we'll start with the LUXEPLORER. But first I'll post a picture where the boats have their names in front of each.

LUXPLORER
The LUXPLORER is a luxury houseboat for 4 persons. It's a tough one, with a steel hull and a heigh bow it can resist rough seas (but be sure you have secured the dishes...). But with it's draft of only 0.5m it can also explore shallow waters like small rivers, haffs or you can anchor right on the beach. It's height is chosen to fit under the old bridge of Capestang, so there should be no bridge over european waterways which could stop your travel.

Side view with closed flybridge

Front view - I should name it "Turtle Head"...

The LUXPLORER is about 15m long, 5m wide, has a draft of only 0.5m and a clear height of 2.82m with closed flybridge.
Like all my houseboats it has an electric propulsion and... it is 100% self-sufficient! That means, you do not have to care about energy, the pv in-roof installation (the dark grey roof should imitate the solar cells, because a texture does not look like it should) will generate enough electricity for all your needs. You do not have to care about drinking water, there are bio filters which clean the water better than 95% of what we call drinking water in europe. You do not have to care about grey and black water, there is a bio sewage plant which cleans your sewage so that it can be released into nature.

The shiny box with the two chimneys is the bio sewage plant

The LUXPLORER has two identical 2 persons bed rooms with plenty of storage, a bathroom with toilet, shower and a sink an in the front a big salon with an open kitchen and the indoor helm. At the back end there is a large storage room for bikes or other stuff and the staircase to the flybridge. On the flybridge you can find the outdoor helm, a big bbq and large space for relaxing...

Bed room for two persons and plenty of storage

Bathroom

Salon

Salon with open kitchen

Room for the bikes

Open flybridge with outdoor helm and big bbq

There is al lot more to say about this beautiful houseboat, but I'm gonna stop here. Of course if you have some questions I will answer them.

Oh, i forgot the most important thing about the LUXPLORER - the price... it's a tip of about half a million euros...
Pascal

[Jul 17, 2018, 7:58:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Bravo. I like all of them, especially the 3 small ones rather unexpected! How is it into the Nanoat?
[Jul 18, 2018, 2:53:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
leo321

Belarus

Looks great!
[Jul 18, 2018, 5:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Ok, I have a solution for getting correct cutouts between hulls and the water. And this causes me in rendering many new pictures...

@Veroniq
You want to look into Nanoat? Let's do it!

NANOAT
It's the smallest of my boats so far, and I thinks there will not be a smaller one in future... But who knows...
The NANOAT is a special one because it is basically designed to serve as a trailer. A trailer for a boat? Yes, because there are lots of smaller boats which have no possibilities to sleep on it or have not enough space for the amount of persons you want to travel with. It's like a caravan for cars, just for boats.

It is 3m long and less than 2.5m wide, so you can easy put it on your boat trailer. If you have a short boat you can even put both, the boat and NANOAT on one trailer.
NANOAT is a lightweight so you do not need a big, much fuel consuming engine for your boat to pull NANOAT.

NANOAT is concepted for two persons. Inside there is a bed which is your sofa at the same time, a small bathroom with toilet and sink and a little kitchen with inductive stove and a sink. There is also a removable table on the door. And that's it!

As said, NANOAT is a trailer. But for emergency or for manuvering or for short trips it has a own electric propulsion. There are two rimdrive propellers installed which make a rudder unnecessary.

What's about the price? It is priceless if you need it!
I have not calculated the exact price yet but I estimate it at around 15-20k.
Pascal

[Jul 23, 2018, 1:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I like it. It's like an old caravan. Why didn't you put a shower instead of sink in the bathroom? Your design is really well done.
[Jul 23, 2018, 8:42:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

I like it. It's like an old caravan. Why didn't you put a shower instead of sink in the bathroom? Your design is really well done.

Thank you very much, Veroniq! The idea with the shower is a good one. There is a sink at the kitchen, so no second one is needed. But the shower costs storage space:

Pascal

[Jul 23, 2018, 10:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

@ubuntu,

It's a beautiful survival boat concept. applause

[moderated]
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 24, 2018, 1:15:31 PM]
[Jul 24, 2018, 6:33:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@ubuntu,

It's a beautiful survival boat concept. applause

[moderated]

You will not have enough energy stored on this boat to survive more than a few days...
But sometimes a dry, warm sleeping place is more than enough.
Pascal

[Jul 24, 2018, 3:28:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 101   Pages: 11   [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved