Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 97
Posts: 97   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38059 times and has 96 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: who would like to live in a houseboat?

Good idea and nice work ! applause

I doubt the transport with an important catch with the winds as efficancy… biggrin
It would be better to inverse the direction of the caravan, right ? wink
----------------------------------------
only 6.2 and nothing else - W10 64b
Asus TUF Z390 , Intel Core i9-9900K (3.6 GHz) , Chipset Z390 Exp, RAM 32 Go DDR4 3000 Mhz, SSD M.2 512 Go + HDD 3 To,
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go
[Jul 20, 2019 11:06:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

I like this new refinement, very handy for travelling between, for instance, canals, rather than being moored in one, a question in my uneducated way, having the trailer as part of the boat, would this effectively shorten it, making it difficult to launch on slipways. Maybe having the front support with a good sized wheel, like the rear, with a powered pivot, like an outboard motor, would help with launching and building, designing of it.
A suggestion for the arches on the Luxemotor, though probably too late.
Move the 2 arches forward and match the angle the glass front, remove the cabins roof, losing valuable space for solar panels, join the 2 arches to replace the original but have the whole thing extendable, like a combi main cabin and fly cabin, therefore retaining most of your solar panels.
Mike
[Jul 20, 2019 5:01:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Yeah, the Nanoat (boat, trailer, both ?) is back!
[Jul 20, 2019 11:50:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@bdfd - If your towing vehicle is less than one meter wide, you are right.
But honestly, the same thought came to my mind...

@Mike - Of course a front wheel is what i'm thinking about. But with a draft of only 30cm you really do not need one. The NANOAT floats before you touch the water with yout towing vehicle.
It only needs something to support while using it as a caravan.
But for sliping it manually it would be very useful to have a wheel... I'm not sure what to do yet...
Thanks for your opinion about the arches, but they're gone. The only thing they are good for is to give a modern look, but nothing else. So I decided to look for something else for a slightely modern look.

@VeroniQ - Yeah, I love this thing. And most likely, NANOAT will be the first of my projects that I will (be able to) build.
Pascal

SH3D 6.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x
[Jul 21, 2019 8:36:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Two more pictures of NANOAT-Trailer:

one out in the green

and a floating one

Pascal

SH3D 6.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x
[Jul 30, 2019 5:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Nice detailing on the tow hook smile
[Jul 30, 2019 5:37:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I like it!

Does it have a motor?
Maybe the wheels could be used paddle and steer the boat, with some modifications, of course ?

Xiste
[Aug 16, 2019 12:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 97   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2019 eTeks - All rights reserved