Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 29
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 47454 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Showcase your glassblocks

Let me start with mine...

[Jul 14, 2018, 11:38:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy
Re: Showcase your glassblocks

Hi,

where did you find such windows? I tried to use glass boxes and a blurred window to realize it but without success.
[Jul 21, 2018, 7:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

You can get the glassblocks here: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8727#39746
[Jul 22, 2018, 1:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Thank you for the link.

And here is mine, a bathroom. Let me know what you think about it; I will be happy if you can give me some suggestions to resize the glass blocks in such a way to obtain a good result in rendering it because I do not like it very much. I tried many times but without success.

Bye

Natural day lights (rendering 4 PM)

Internal lights (rendering 10 PM)

[Jul 22, 2018, 4:53:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi rontant,

I think that the problem was that I rescaled the glassblocks without the "keep proportions" option selected while modifying them.
I was able to create this living room:

Later I will repost the bathroom with the right proportions of the glassblocks.

Thank you for this post, I like creating rooms with this kind of glassblock.

Have a nice day
[Jul 23, 2018, 9:07:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Glad you figured out the resizing things.

I noticed you hang a picture frame on the glass blocks. How are you going to do that in real life? :)
[Jul 23, 2018, 2:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi rontant,

I adjusted the glassblock of the bathroom, here it is:

Regarding your question about the painting, I was inspired by this living room found on the web, so if they have succeeded, it means that it could be done :).

In real life I would do it, for example, leaving the wall behind the painting so that it could be placed, and therefore not using the glass blocks on that point. I think that it should not be evident that they are not present because of the presence of the painting. In the project that I have posted, I have not used this technique because it is quite complex to do it with Sweethome3D.

In case of the picture of the living room I found in the web, I think that they used some kind of scotch tape to do that :).

Bye
[Jul 23, 2018, 3:58:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AdeleAlli
Advanced Member

Italy

To have a better idea, this is what I tried to explain before:

[Jul 23, 2018, 4:56:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

My version of bathroom with glass blocks
[Jul 25, 2018, 12:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

My version of bathroom with glass blocks
Hi rontant,

The ground in marble is awesome.

Is it a new texture ?

smile
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 25, 2018, 6:25:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved