Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3109 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture library editor to include textures and light source.

In the current furniture library editor, I don't find the option to include textures of materials and light source. I created a ceiling mounted spot light. It would be nice if I could include the light source and textures when I created the library for it.

Meanwhile, is there any workaround?
[Jul 12, 2018, 12:58:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia
Re: Furniture library editor to include textures and light source.

Hi rontant, for the textures there is the texture library editor, which allows you to create texture sets.

Regarding the light sources, I'm afraid it can only be done by manual editing the files of the library editor.

This "old" but always good document can help you understand:
http://sweethome3d.com/SVGPathMiniManualForSweetHome3D.pdf
[Jul 12, 2018, 1:15:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Hi ndorigatti, I just looked again at the texture library editor you mentioned and unfortunately it is only for consolidating textures into a library file and for changing width and height of individual texture. It cannot assign textures into furnitures/models created.

I have created and shared several models (cabana, spotlight, glass block windows, etc) and each has its own .sh3f library file. What I am looking for is the ability to bundle textures and light source into my .sh3f files so that people who download those .sh3f file will see furnitures/models with ready-made textures. Right now, when they open my .sh3f files, they see only models without any textures.

Thanks for the SVG path manuals.
[Jul 13, 2018, 1:22:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

I think the answer should be close to this post http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2207_offset,10#5936 but I still have problem getting the light source into my newly created spot light (http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8715_offset,0#39796)
[Jul 13, 2018, 3:42:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great you could find out how to handle light sources smile

The Furniture library editor saves the texture images and MTL file attached to a 3D model you import. But it won't let you change them like in the Material dialog box in Sweet Home 3D. It's very unlikely that this feature appears one day in the editor.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 13, 2018, 9:19:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Yes, I have already figured out how to attached light source in the sh3f library file. I have already shared my ceiling attached spotlights with light sources attached to each of them.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,8715_offset,10#39820

Thanks Emmanuel
[Jul 13, 2018, 9:46:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved