Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473767 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Hans, try to start SH3D from the terminal...
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Sep 22, 2018, 5:28:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Birdy,

Many, if not most of the online solutions involve using the terminal. Believe me, I've tried every solution that seemed halfway reasonable...

Open to new suggestions!!!

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 22, 2018, 5:48:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

In my sh3d.desktop file this is what I patched together from many suggestions and this is working on my Ubuntu 18.04:

Exec=sh -c "/usr/share/SweetHome3D/SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2" %U

"/usr/share/SweetHome3D/" is the path where SH3D is installed.
Pascal

[Sep 22, 2018, 5:54:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 11 gets closer to the final release even if translation process may slow down its arrival...
It brings some various improvements like:
- the ability of total price labels displayed under the furniture list to stack on each other if there's not enough space to display their content.
Enough space:

Not enough space:

- a tooltip associated to the Arc extent field in Wall dialog box, to display the length of the middle arc of a wall when its arc extent is not 0

- the ability to enter a minimum height of 0 for sloping walls
- the support of ARM 64bit Windows in Sweet Home 3D installer as proposed by arm64appcompatguy
- the ability to select 32 bit or 64 bit architecture in Windows installer user interface when it's run under Windows 64 bit, without the need to use /os.arch and /j3d.version options from the command line (these options are still available if needed).

Under Windows 10 64 bit, the 32 bit option is selected by default in the hope it will solve the problems of people who can't run Sweet Home 3D. So, pay attention to this option if you want to run Sweet Home 3D 64 bit under Windows 10.
- Under Mac OS X, Sweet Home 3D DMG installer comes with a private copy of Java 8 to avoid being obliged to install Apple Java 6.

This Beta version brings also some important bug fixes:
- furniture and texture libraries loading under Java 10 now works (thanks to Jiri Slaby's suggestion)
- HiDPI screens are much better supported under Java 8 without the requirement to define a scale and change Swing look and feel. System property com.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale is still supported if you want to apply an additional scale to Sweet Home 3D user interface.

Finally, to allow you to test the features bound to installers, here are some Beta versions you can download and test:
- Windows installer: see updated Beta 12 version
- Mac OS X installer: SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11-macosx.dmg (66 MB)
- Linux 64bit installer: SweetHome3D-6.0.beta11-linux-x64.tgz (65 MB)

Hans, I hope that version will work for you!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 24, 2018, 1:06:39 AM]
[Sep 22, 2018, 9:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Beta 11 only starts like described in my last post (Ubuntu 18.04). And a hundred times longer loading times than in 5.7 (for my biggest project it takes hours...).
Pascal

[Sep 23, 2018, 1:25:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

(for my biggest project it takes hours...)

Sorry, this was my fault. I forgot to increase the value for the max usable memory...
Pascal

[Sep 23, 2018, 11:59:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Sorry, this was my fault. I forgot to increase the value for the max usable memory...

How did you do that?
None of my old projects works.

Cec
[Sep 23, 2018, 1:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Cec, in the macOS version based on Java 8, edit the SweetHome3D.cfg file found in the Contents/Java subfolder of Sweet Home 3D application and set the maximum memory in a line -Xmx set after the line [JVMUserOptions], writing for example -Xmx6g for 6 GB.
If the SweetHome3D.cfg file is protected, run a command like
sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Java/SweetHome3D.cfg
in a Terminal window.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Sep 23, 2018, 2:18:05 PM]
[Sep 23, 2018, 2:09:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

I'm sorry to report that I can't get this version to work.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 23, 2018, 2:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

None problem for me ! wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 23, 2018, 6:01:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved