Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473166 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
YGYL
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

YGYL, please preview your posts, you'll see that images don't appear in them because you use links to the page that views an image and not the link to the image that the page contains.
Your first use case is interesting but handling such a polyline in 2D will be too complicated.

The significance of 'Polyline vertical in 3D view' is that communication is more convenient when showing to multiple people.

LED roll word screen,Sometimes it will include multiple lines of text.

However, multiple lines of text are overlapped and cannot be changed Angle or height at the same time.

With multiple different heights, it is difficult to choose the one you want to change.
Overlapping objects can be changed to click on the mouse to change to the lower layer.
[Sep 17, 2018, 2:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Puybaret
These features are probably the last ones with user interface items that will appear in the coming version 6.0, so I can start to ask our great contributors to translate the new texts before considering a final release.

As in the Beta9 there is no item to modify the new VIDEO_SPEED property , I suppose it will only be accessible by a plug-in or a derived version of SH3D?
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Sep 17, 2018, 10:05:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It’s good to know that some of you follow code changes too wink
You’re right, I added a videoSpeed attribute (in m/s) to home environment this weekend and made it available in Beta 10 tonight. I also completed outline 3D drawing with a new System property com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode that can be set to false if you want Sweet Home 3D to take into accout the drawingMode attribute.
As I didn’t request help for translations yet, maybe I could add some Speed and Frame rate fields below Video format in Video pane, without making it too crowded. Or wait for a future version, in particular because more development might be required to manage the localization of the speed unit for our American friends... anyway, feel free to use it in your plugin and for other users, to set the speed in the Home.xml entry.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 17, 2018, 11:43:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

It is better to be aware of source code changes to files used by a plug-in to ensure compatibility with future versions of Sweet Home 3D.

This may be due to the #IMPLIED value but the videoSpeed attribute is not visible in the Home.xml file when saving as an old file or creating a new video path with the Beta10.
By adding the videoSpeed attribute in the Home.xml file with a different value from the default one, the speed of movement is slower or faster and therefore the number of images bigger or smaller which increases or decreases the duration of the rendering for a frame rate of 25.

By adding the system property
<property name='com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode' value='false'/>
and the environment attibut
<environment ... drawingMode='OUTLINE' .../>
there is no change in 3D drawing mode , probably due to unauthorized access in Java Web Start.
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Sep 18, 2018, 7:13:35 PM]
[Sep 18, 2018, 5:06:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I set videoSpeed attribute to #IMPLIED because the default speed is 2.4 km/h, i.e. 2/3 or the long 0.66666666666666... value.
But maybe I could simplify as 0.667...

By adding the system property
<property name='com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode' value='false'/>
[...]

By System property, I meant the java option:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode=false
or a call to System.setProperty
(if you want to try with the Beta version, you'll have to build the JAR executable version).
[Sep 18, 2018, 7:47:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

if you want to try with the Beta version, you'll have to build the JAR executable version

I usually use a version of the available source code to build an executable JAR version from the build.xml.
In the README.TXT , it is indicated that we can also download the source code with an SVN command but how to do?
EnkoNyito
[Sep 18, 2018, 10:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As the tag for 6.0 wasn't set on source code yet, you should use the following command to get the current source code:

If svn isn't installed on your computer, I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of helpful documentation on the web.

If you want to set some System properties when running a JAR executable, you should cite the -D option before the -jar option like in:
java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode=false -jar /path/to/SweetHome3D-6.0.jar

Caution!! I generally make some tests before committing changes, but during development, source code may still contain some major bug fixes.
[Sep 18, 2018, 11:40:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

The drawing modes (FILL, OUTLINE, FILL_AND_OUTLINE) are well taken into account for 3D offscreen images (Quality 1 and 2) but not by the Sunflow rendering engine (Quality 3 and 4).

EnkoNyito
[Sep 19, 2018, 5:28:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests. I updated the program to ignore the drawing mode in SunFlow and in OBJ export.
I also renamed com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.ignoreDrawingMode as com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.drawingModeEnabled that has to be set to true instead of false.

No idea if I'll go further one day with this drawing mode, handling big designs in OUTLINE mode doesn't even seem to be faster.
[Sep 19, 2018, 8:39:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Hi Emmanuel,

Ubuntu keeps changing things, whether for better or worse, I am not sure.

SH3D-5.7 is offered in the software store: it installs and runs without any problem. However... if you look at the installation, it is very different from the "old" installation, where you only had to unzip the downloaded file. There are 3 hidden eteks/SH directories, and it is not clear which does what. Using trial and error, I found the directory where I have to place plug-ins and libraries.

These days, Ubuntu uses the SNAP packaging system. The good news is that this package should work for all Ubuntu/Mint/Linux versions that support SNAP.

Is it possible to provide v6.0 as a SNAP package for all Ubuntu users?
Is it also possible to include the XmX trick, so that we can increase memory? I have searched all hidden directories, but cannot find a script that has this entry.

Of course it would be even better, if you could find a way in which Ubuntu users get back the ease of use that we had before. That way we could also try out the beta versions, which now, sadly, is not possible.

For your info: I have tried every possible way to install SH3D, using either the original script, or the special Java-1.5 script, nothing works. I have tried every tutorial I found on the internet: nothing works. I have tried to run the betas with Oracle Java v5, v6, v7 and v8: nothing works.

Thanks you in advance!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Sep 22, 2018, 1:42:08 PM]
[Sep 22, 2018, 1:33:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved