Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473170 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Bdfd, the compass shown in Sweet Home 3D plan doesn’t show any angle.
Update !

Wrong, remember this with the option 'update compass' :

I repeat for newbies : It's good with sh3d.
wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 15, 2018, 9:25:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Beta 9

Very useful!!!

I think
1.we should add dimensions annotations to functions that can be displayed in the 3D view.
2.Polyline can be displayed 'vertical' in 3D view like 'text'

[Sep 15, 2018, 11:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Bdfd, I think I understand what you mean now: Cecilia's Horizontal_Scale.sh3d test and other sky textures showing angles that she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North.
Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
By the way, to answer to your proposals, I shall add the middle length of a curved wall somewhere, but I don't think I will allow to curve a wall at 360°, because such a wall would have to start and end at the same point making its handling hardly usable in some cases.
But note that from version 6.0, you can spread a 360° texture along two walls attached to each other with an arc extent of 180°, by setting an X offset of 50% on the texture of one of the two walls (see example attached to this post).

During this test, I noticed that the texture coordinates along curved walls are not exact, because they don't take into account the thickness of the wall, meaning that the width of the texture applied on a curved wall is correct only for walls with a thickness equal to 0 (something that can't happen). Maybe if I should fix that, but that will change a little bit how textured curved walls in existing files are rendered...

YGYL, maybe I'll add dimensions in the 3D view one day, but I'm not sure it's so useful, and there's even no Dimension line modification dialog box yet!
I thought about displaying polylines vertically too, but this would imply to have also a global angle on each poyline (like for text), and this idea looked too weird for me.
Attachment RoundWallsWith360Texture.sh3d (358789 bytes) (Download count: 1203) (Test of a 360° texture applied on round walls showing a full circle)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 15, 2018, 12:35:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

.. she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North....
Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
I think that is what Cec kindly tried to explain in the Azure home thread (8828) = view of Virtual visitor. Totally in sync with recent research and 2014 Nobel prize in medicine. Do you hold the map with North up or align it with the terrain...? While I see it can be a bit confusing with Virtual visitor looking South, Sky texture defaulting to East (with Compass unchanged), I reallyn do not think it matters much.

All these new features are brilliant. Showing the Background image in the 3D view, opens up some very interesting possibilities. Thanks.

ok
[Sep 15, 2018, 4:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Cecilia's Horizontal_Scale.sh3d test and other sky textures showing angles that she designed show a zero angle at South rather at North. Cecilia, even if it's not so important, is there any reason for that?
Yes.
It's not a compass!(That's why I named it a scale.)
The degrees reflects the body angle of the camera.
Enter zero for body angle , and the scale will point to zero.
Enter any other angle, and the scale will follow.

But note that from version 6.0, you can spread a 360° texture along two walls attached to each other with an arc extent of 180°, by setting an X offset of 50% on the texture of one of the two walls (see example attached to this post).
Cool!
Will there also be a vertical offset for wall textures?

meaning that the width of the texture applied on a curved wall is correct only for walls with a thickness equal to 0 (something that can't happen)
But 0.1 is not far from zero :)

Cec
[Sep 15, 2018, 4:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for the details about how you set angles in your sky textures.
Will there also be a vertical offset for wall textures?
The vertical Y offset is available for all textures except for the sky texture.

YGYL, the fact that a polyline is displayed in the 3D view is actually stored in an elevation attribute which value can't be set in the user interface at this moment (but you can try it in the Home.xml entry), because I can't think of an application of a polyline with an elevation > 0 which would float in the air. Give me some real examples and I'll study them.
[Sep 15, 2018, 4:44:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

My intention was to convert percentage to degrees.

Maybe this version is easier to understand :

Horizontal_Scale_Mv.sh3d

Cec
[Sep 15, 2018, 5:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

@Manu : I predict that this nextly 6.0 will be great ! wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Sep 15, 2018, 6:00:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

smile Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

YGYL, the fact that a polyline is displayed in the 3D view is actually stored in an elevation attribute which value can't be set in the user interface at this moment (but you can try it in the Home.xml entry), because I can't think of an application of a polyline with an elevation > 0 which would float in the air. Give me some real examples and I'll study them.

The significance of 'Polyline vertical in 3D view' is that communication is more convenient when showing to multiple people.

LED roll word screen,Sometimes it will include multiple lines of text.

However, multiple lines of text are overlapped and cannot be changed Angle or height at the same time.
[Sep 16, 2018, 4:40:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

YGYL, please preview your posts, you'll see that images don't appear in them because you use links to the page that views an image and not the link to the image that the page contains.
Your first use case is interesting but handling such a polyline in 2D will be too complicated.
[Sep 16, 2018, 5:52:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved