Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473179 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
ndorigatti

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

I have a question for you Puybaret...
Did you already tried/programmed/planned to support multi hinges on a single element?
I mean, my windows and door windows can be opened in classi way (let's say rotate around vertical hinges) but can also be turned a bit rotating around horizontal hinges (on bottom) so a little fresh air can come in.
Do you think I can put both vertical and horizontal hinges on a window and see it turn? I'm trying to do it but I'm not so good in blender and in understanding the prefixes (my old models where a single element, not separated into groups)
[Jul 23, 2018, 3:10:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks all for your feedback.

Hans, numbers use the same decimal separator as in Sweet Home 3D, so it depends on the selected language. Prices and % look very similar to how Excel exports to CSV too.
Keep in mind that CSV is a very poor format: it doesn't store the character encoding in use, doesn't oblige to use a coma or a point, doesn't state how numbers like prices should be formatted...
Just open a CSV file with a text editor and you'll see it's just some lines with data separated by tabs.

ndorigatti, multi hinges aren't supported and I don't plan to add support for that. It would require to organize 3D shapes very differently in the program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 24, 2018, 3:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Larz2

Denmark

Prices was what I was missing in former versions - Great work, thanks!

Though I agree with Hansmex, that it would be great if prices could be exported to CSV without currency, so numbers could be calculated in a spreadsheet.

Thanks, Best regards,
Larz2
[Jul 31, 2018, 12:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

After some additional tests, I noticed that prices followed by user's currency and percentages are correctly interpreted as numbers by Excel and OpenOffice when the CSV file is imported.
So I don't think there's a need to change the current format, moreover in case the currency is needed during a CSV import.
I'm more concerned by the encoding of the CSV file. At the moment, the encoding in use is the default one on the system where the the furniture list is exported. I propose to switch to the more versatile UTF-8 encoding to avoid problems between systems and if ever you need to choose another encoding, I'll add a system property for this purpose.
[Aug 1, 2018, 10:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

+1

No problem at home !

wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Aug 2, 2018, 5:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

By the way, this new feature
... I plan to improve the Material modification dialog box by allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
is very very practical and save much time!
[Aug 2, 2018, 10:29:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

By the way, this new feature
... I plan to improve the Material modification dialog box by allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
is very very practical and save much time!

Confirmed! This will be a highlight in the new version! SH3D 6.0 is one small step for Emmanuel (of course I know it's a lot of work and effort), but a big leap for mankind!
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Aug 3, 2018, 4:54:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

Great work!!!!!!

I have an idea.
Can allow the furniture library to support the merging of multiple objects to form a new 1 object without increasing the file size of the furniture library
For example, multiple identical chairs and a dining table are grouped together.A variety of placement and color matching,File space occupying only 1 chairs and 1 tables
[Aug 13, 2018, 8:59:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

I ran this beta version before on my Win 10 machine. Now it won't run anymore. Here is the log content:

Java Web Start 13.0.2.0
Using JRE version 10.0.2+13 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
JRE expiration date: 16/11/18, 12:00 AM
User home directory = C:\Users\Xxxxx
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Warning: Java Web Start and Java Plug-in are deprecated and will be considered for removal in a future Java release. Please contact the developer of this content "PUYBARET EMMANUEL" and request an update for this program.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation, Java Web Start) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
Insecure property: (com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId, SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart) specified in unsigned jnlp file will not be set.
[Aug 13, 2018, 12:48:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I’m not sure it can run with Java 10. Could you uninstall Java 10 and try with Java 8?
[Aug 13, 2018, 1:43:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved