Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473177 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
ndorigatti

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

I tryed to play with openable doors and windows, but I have a couple of issues, some on my side, some on other sides:

1 - I'm not enough good with blender to understand how and where to add the cilinders to make parts slide (but I'm learning blender)
2 - I know that paramters can be set on a text editor, but I've a lot of issues with furniture library editor, which is crashing and having weird behaviour on my OSX computer (High Sierra). When I add or remove something it becomes unusable or adds things more than once, and since I have a couple of libraries that are working and the editor can't elaborate, I'm a bit stuck on this.

I have a thing with source code of the editor but I've seen it is based on whole SweetHome and build script are Ant ( Right?) based... I need some more time to reach that !
[Jul 11, 2018, 2:22:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 3 allows to compute the orientation of light sources bound to the part(s) of a light able to rotate or translate.

It also introduces the two following prefixes for simple ball-arm joints:
sweethome3d_ball_
sweethome3d_arm_on_ball_
these prefixes are used in the light sources of the track lights to give more freedom on lights rotations.

To let you run tests on orientable lights as well as on more doors and windows with movable parts, I finally updated the Kator Legaz and Scopia SH3F libraries, that you can download with these temporary links:
3DModels-KatorLegaz-1.6.4.beta.zip
3DModels-Scopia-1.6.4.beta.zip

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 13, 2018, 2:42:57 PM]
[Jul 13, 2018, 2:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Emmanuel, I tried the Beta3 and it is unable to render my human characters. Their textures are lost.
[Jul 14, 2018, 5:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback. I'm astonished by your report because I didn't change anything on textures management.
Please, send me a simple SH3D file showing your issue.
[Jul 14, 2018, 12:14:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

The light sources of the articulated lights follow the changes well.

Would it be possible to highlight the moving parts or the rotation/translation axes in the 3D preview as for the material changes?
EnkoNyito
[Jul 14, 2018, 1:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Thanks for your feedback. I'm astonished by your report because I didn't change anything on textures management.
Please, send me a simple SH3D file showing your issue.

Emmanuel, I have sent you via email the file. It's 8MB in size though. I hope the mail gets through.

Thanks.
[Jul 14, 2018, 2:05:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your SH3D file. I tried it under Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta and 5.7 and it won't show the textures on the human character it contains. But as the MTL file in the SH3D file doesn't reference any texture, it's normal.
On the other side, I tried to import a 3D model with textures like Reallusion ones and it worked without problem.
[Jul 14, 2018, 7:38:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Hi Emmanuel, why is it there is no problem when I open the same file with version 5.7? The texture loads just fine in 5.7.

Can you please check again. Open the sh3f file I sent you again. Double click on the human model then clcik on the material modify button. You will see the texture is already attached there (at least on my Win 10 computer).

By the way, when I tried to change the texture by clicking on the texture box, nothing happens.

Again, I can open this same file with 5.7 and there is no problem.
[Jul 15, 2018, 1:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rontant
Advanced Member

Singapore

Hi again Emmanuel, I have sent you the texture of the character model in JPEG format.

I am aware that the model dodesn't have MTL file but with 5.7 I could just modify the material and attach a texture to it once. Afterward, everytime I open the file in 5.7, all the character models will load the attached textures just fine.
[Jul 15, 2018, 2:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, I didn't think that you could set the character texture afterwards.
Anyway, your problem must come from the huge texture you used while running Sweeet Home 3D 6.0 Beta in 32 bit (see in About dialog). 8192x8192 pixels x 4 color bytes per pixel = 256 MB in RAM, just for that image!
If you look at Java console, you'll see some OutOfMemoryErrors, and in that state, the program behavior may become inconsistent. So either you reimport your texture image at a smaller size, or you try to run the Beta version with Java 64 bit.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jul 15, 2018, 7:03:44 PM]
[Jul 15, 2018, 11:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved