Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473669 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Well, then I also tell my experiences with BETA14. I tested with JRE8,10 and 11 on Ubuntu 18.04.
I really can not complain, everything is going as expected. I also tried to reproduce the problems mentioned here on my system, but apparently my system does not want any problems, at least all the processes that have caused other problems work perfectly well for me.
The only limitation on my system is still that I have to start SH3D via Terminal, and only the 1_5_2 script works. This also means that I can not experience java3d in version 1.6...
With JRE10 and 11 I also had to insert
-Dswing.defaultlaf = javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
into the script, because without this entry various objects in the UI are not recognizable.
Oh man, I'm really looking forward to the final version of SH3D 6!!!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 8, 2018, 5:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

...what I forgot: with JRE10 and 11 the difference between the -Xmx entry and what SH3D displays has gone.
Pascal

[Oct 8, 2018, 5:21:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

Found a temp-file that you can look at. It's too big for my mail server, but here it is: PCTY_LVLS.sh3d
Look at the outer wall texture. The height is set to 900 cm. I have to open the modify walls window, find the texture ( cement_13) and open the modify texture window, and then, without modifying anything, just click ok – not cancel. Close the modifiers and the texture will display correct.

Cec

EDIT:

Forgot:
First load texture cement_13.jpg and set height to 365.9 cm. Do this prior to opening the .sh3d-file.

Cec
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at Oct 9, 2018, 11:37:04 AM]
[Oct 9, 2018, 11:28:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Could you send me a demo file with textures that don't behave as in version 5.7?

Found a temp-file that you can look at. It's too big for my mail server, but here it is: PCTY_LVLS.sh3d
Look at the outer wall texture. The height is set to 900 cm. I have to open the modify walls window, find the texture ( cement_13) and open the modify texture window, and then, without modifying anything, just click ok – not cancel. Close the modifiers and the texture will display correct.

Cec

EDIT:

Forgot:
First load texture cement_13.jpg and set height to 365.9 cm. Do this prior to opening the .sh3d-file.

Cec

On Ubuntu 18.04 I have to reselect the texture of both sides of the wall before the texture will display correct.
Pascal

[Oct 9, 2018, 1:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

When I open the file, the cement texture is repeated approx 4 times vertically.
When I import the cement texture and apply it on the wall left of the entrance (texture height 365.9 cm) it applies "correctly", without repetition, on the wall.
When I apply the texture (texture height still 365.9 cm)on the central left wall, the texture repeats 3 times.
When I modify the texture height to 900 cms (same as wall height) the texture applies correctly.
When I walk the virtual visitor to the center of the courtyard and look around, parts of the wall show the cement texture repeat itself 3x, parts 4x, and parts are shown correctly.

Strange...

Done under Ubuntu 18.04.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Oct 9, 2018, 3:42:40 PM]
[Oct 9, 2018, 3:37:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Cec, I compared how your file renders with Sweet Home 3D 6 Beta and Sweet Home 3D 5.0 (won't work with Mac OS X ≥ 10.13) and didn't notice any visual difference : same wall sides where the texture spreads from the top to the bottom and same ones where the texture pattern is smaller.
As each wall side stores the size of the texture applied on it, it's possible to mix the same imported texture image at different size (I speak about size, not scale) if you change that size at different moments.
Keep also in mind that a SH3D file contains everything it needs to render itself, even if I guess that you proposed the texture image to let us test it.

As a conclusion, here's a tip that few of us know: if you want to copy a texture from a file to another one, display that texture in Texture dialog box like if you wanted to change the texture of a wall or a material, press OK to add it in the recent textures list, then choose the object on which you want to apply the texture, display its Texture dialog box and choose the texture in the recent ones lis. Et voilà! Not super handy, not a behavior I thought about when I programmed Sweet Home 3D, but actually a nice tip wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 9, 2018, 5:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Keep also in mind that a SH3D file contains everything it needs to render itself, even if I guess that you proposed the texture image to let us test it.

I'm obviously very bad at explaining things.
The thing is:
If you don't have the texture loaded and sized prior to opening the linked file, the texture will of course be displayed correctly, as it also will if I resize the texture correctly prior to opening the project file.
This texture has been used in another project later, and given a smaller size, so in the texture library this texture is sized to 365.9 cm. And that's why the problem occurs.

As hansmex correctly points out:
When I open the file, the cement texture is repeated approx 4 times vertically. When I import the cement texture and apply it on the wall left of the entrance (texture height 365.9 cm) it applies "correctly", without repetition, on the wall.
When I apply the texture (texture height still 365.9 cm)on the central left wall, the texture repeats 3 times.
When I modify the texture height to 900 cms (same as wall height) the texture applies correctly.
When I walk the virtual visitor to the center of the courtyard and look around, parts of the wall show the cement texture repeat itself 3x, parts 4x, and parts are shown correctly.
Strange...

That's exactly what I encountered.
All occurrences of the texture is wrong; apart from the ones I have already fixed, using the method I described.

This goes for all textures that are already in the texture library and holding different sizes than what are used in the project file.
So if I use a texture in a project, and then resize it for use in a newer project, V6 will not display it correctly when the older project is opened.
My linked project file (as most of my projects), was created with V5.3 ( because of the hither-yon issue).

This is not a big deal, as long as I'm aware of it, but it needs to be pointed out.

Cec
[Oct 9, 2018, 6:37:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

L

Texture map UV on some walls is wrong.
But I think we can ignore this problem. Maybe you changed the software version.
This problem has never been encountered in normal use.
[Oct 11, 2018, 3:56:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
confused Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Bug or anomaly ?

Yesterday, during the building of my latest model, I saw an 'error' in a room. (?)

It appears on a part of wall (blue Arrow in 3D view).
The room at right has yellow Walls and light blue baseboard.
The main room has orange walls and light wooden baseboard.
So, I saw a part of wall always 'yellow' (red Arrow in 3D view). biggrin

=> On the twice rooms, I cannot use the option "recompute the room" (red frame).
Why ?

Is it only on the release 6.0 and the previous ???
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Oct 11, 2018, 6:48:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Emmanuel
I notice some new, unwanted behaviour.
When I import a model, the icon in the 2D view is shown enlarged 2-3 times its original size. Top-left corner is where it should be, but large part of the rest of the image disappears.

(Under Ubuntu 18.04)

(edit)
Somehow, I get the feeling that the icon problem is connected with the incorrect 3D render in Q1 and Q2 that I mentioned earlier. These also seem to show the top-left part of the "real" image.

Also, when I open Cecilia's "shed" file, or one of my own files, the icons are incorrect. Strange..

I tested this with the Envidia driver recommended for my video card, and with the X-driver that's native to Ubuntu. Both give the same results.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 4 times, last edit by hansmex at Oct 11, 2018, 1:24:52 PM]
[Oct 11, 2018, 10:55:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved