Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473548 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

After reading Cecilia's posts about horizons, skies and backgrounds, I decided I had to try it out for myself. It works very nice.

Two things:
1 - I find the % for the X-offset confusing, and would prefer degrees for orientation.
2 - I noticed that in the Sky-Texture dialogue, the program doesn't remember the search text, as it does in other texture dialogues.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 29, 2018, 11:31:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your tests and feedback.
The JS viewer simply needed an additional touch-action: none style property to work correctly under Android. I fixed it in the online version here. By the way, I also checked the JS viewer works correctly under iOS.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 29, 2018, 5:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

V6 beta 11 is working like a dream on OSX Mojave.
Rotating the sky is fast and looks perfect in the preview window, but it seems using a rotated sky and light panels in the same project makes it impossible to render both at the same time:

Cec
[Oct 2, 2018, 10:25:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your report. The last image shows a rendering made with Enkonyito's plugin that doesn't take into account the rotation of the sky. He probably waits for the final release of Sweet Home 3D 6.0, to publish an update...
[Oct 3, 2018, 12:27:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

He probably waits for the final release of Sweet Home 3D 6.0, to publish an update...

Indeed, although I started to integrate in the 1.6 beta version of the plug-in the changes made to SH3D-6.0Beta, the final release of the plug-in will be available only after that of SH3D-6.0.
EnkoNyito
[Oct 3, 2018, 10:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's Sweet Home 3D 6.0 Beta 14 coming with updated installers:
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-windows.exe (51 MB)
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-macosx.dmg (66 MB)
SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14-linux-x64.tgz (66 MB)

This version brings translation updates in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Bulgarian, Greek, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese, including the translation of the 2 new options in Windows installer.
Among small fixes, it brings also an update of Java 3D which new version 1.6.1 brings support for HiDPI screens when Sweet Home 3D runs with Java 10+.
That's the reason why I provide also the JAR Executable version SweetHome3D-6.0.beta14.jar (25 MB) to let you test it with Java 10 or Java 11 under Windows or Linux, if you have a HiDPI screen (Java 3D doesn't work with Java 10 under macOS yet).
I hope to get the 4 missing translation updates soon to release the final version 6.0 afterwards.
[Oct 4, 2018, 4:56:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Today I downloaded and tested the beta 14 with Cecilia's 261 MB super-shed file.
Using beta 11, I was able to make a photo render. Using beta 14 my computer stops rendering with the infamous red cross. Also, when trying to move the virtual my computer freezes. It also freezes when I try to use a separate window for the 3D image. All of these were possible with beta 11.

It looks as if memory management changed...?
For the time being I will revert to beta 11.

H
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 5, 2018, 9:15:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, if you use the Linux version you should change the launch script to add -Xmx... max memory parameter.
I'm going to set it to -Xmx2g in the final version of the 64 bit version.
[Oct 5, 2018, 10:49:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You stupid boy!!! <hitting myself on the head>
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Oct 5, 2018, 11:03:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

You stupid boy!!! <hitting myself on the head>

Don't worry, Hans! Go back and see what I did with Beta 11... laughing
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Oct 5, 2018, 11:47:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved