Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473167 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

Amazing !!! applause

Bravo Manu !

love struck
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 6, 2018, 8:14:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

woow, that's amazing and fast! I'll try to take out some time in the next days to try the deformatiions, and if I understand them, I'll try to update my models!!! thank you!!!
[Jul 6, 2018, 9:16:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Puybaret

The openings of the doors, windows or furniture work rather well if one keeps in mind a direction and a coherent opening angle relative to the hinges.

When sliding the doors of the default slider window, the display is correct only after changing the wall thickness.
Demo-Studio

By adding 2 cylinders as axes of rotation, it is possible to open the Turn window .

You can also use the "Modify openings..." feature to modify articulated lights.
Wall spotlight

I like it! applause
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Jul 7, 2018, 7:38:24 PM]
[Jul 6, 2018, 8:59:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

You can also use the "Modify openings..." feature to modify articulated lights.
Wow again, I had not thought of that. Yes, there are some possiblities here that are really amazing. Of course, it means that some of us will have to go back and redesign lots and lots of (private) models. Apparently not only windows and doors, but all the lamps too... And come to think of it, I will need to fill my fridge and cupboards.
As soon as an object is deformed, its size can be changed only proportionally...
Quite - thanks for pointing this out discretely. Ignore my previous comment. There you go, one should sometimes read the instructions. smile
..allowing multiple selection in the materials list.
Yes, that would be brilliant. It is sometimes quite timeconsuming to change models with many (similar) surfaces - like the mannequin.
Feel free to try yourself by moving vertices (or adding some) on the existing model in Blender, but it's a very time-consuming task.
Clearly, and I am not sure I have the patience or skill, but the potential is super interesting. And an experienced Blender (or whatever) user, should be able to come up with something. Then again, for my purposes the mannequin is sufficient - putting mannequin(s) in different positions around a construction is a great help in visualising a room at a glance.
..thanks to naming conventions in the 3D model files where are described the various parts of the mannequin, the hinges and their openings, as well as the rails and their sliding parts...
Actually, this all looks very straight-forward. But I will have a problem remembering all of this. Sometimes I have thought about the need for updating the SVG mini manual with advanced properties. With all these new elements to making models, it no longer does SH3D justice.
Finally, I also changed the frame.obj file to use a separated MTL file with clear material names. This kind of object with a double use is already weird enough, not to make it more complicated for beginners! I tend to use predefined colors in the default catalog to simplify code organization, but sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't forget this old habit...
The frame is certainly easier to understand now. But I also would not worry too much about the other models. And I certainly see the rationale for keeping it simple.

So far, no crashes or strange behaviour.

Thanks, this is lots of fun.

ok
[Jul 8, 2018, 2:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your comments smile

EnkoNyito, thanks for trying modifications on the Turn window and the Wall spotlight. The issue on the latest is that the light sources associated with the 3D model won't rotate themselves, but I have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too.
About your test on the Slider window, this shouldn't happen simply because the windows of this model aren't supposed to go beyond the frame!

Okh, I will be very happy if you update your manual or create another one. But maybe, it will be better to wait for the final release of version 6.0 wink
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 8, 2018, 6:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Still have not been able to find any anomalies in 6.0. No craches, no beta issues.
..have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too...
Should be interesting.
.. better to wait for the final release of version 6.0...
And wait until I get my head around all of these very nice new properties for SH3D models smile. It seems to me that it is now possible to create very good models that will work in any context AND have extra custom features in SH3D. Your work on the axes and pivot points of models, really changes the approach to making good models for SH3D.

Actually I started editing the SVG stuff using proper SVG figures and also changing pressentation slightly now that I know a bit more about SVG paths (and maybe ditching .pdf for proper .html to stick with the non-proprietary approach). Thought of adding something about
- multiple light sources,
- illustrations on window/door properties (sashes/wall distance),
- how to simplify models using your 261 approach,
- and maybe something about Ceciliabr's interesting high-res testing in thread 8292 (but advanced use of lights and optical density may be more in the realm of the rendering/light experts),
- obj g/o prefix sweethome3d_window_mirror and now a full catalogue of excitig new prefixes,
- possibly also price information depending on where 6.0 goes - do not think I want to mention that until I know it will bepart of the default interface (even if it is fully available for advanced users already),
- and maybe mention something about Home.xml. For anyone having edited .xml before, it really is a super fast way of changing furniture properties directly without the FurniturePropertyCatalogue detour.

That said - I will be happy to sum up notes into the mini-guide as a reference (which basically is what it is), if anyone has wishes for putting other cheat-sheets into the manual...

Anyway, I am always surprised when I see your priorities for SH3D development. Good news is that they are always pleasant surprises... I really did not see the 6.0 features coming...

Thanks and good luck with the rest of the implementation.

ok
[Jul 8, 2018, 7:57:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Puybaret

The issue on the latest is that the light sources associated with the 3D model won't rotate themselves, but I have an idea to make it work: if a light source intersects with a rotated part, it sounds logical to make it rotate too.
If it works it would be nice. Otherwise, the number of articulated lights is limited at the moment.

About your test on the Slider window, this shouldn't happen simply because the windows of this model aren't supposed to go beyond the frame!
I realized this by observing the object in detail and comparing with reality. Would it be possible for the opening to be stopped by the frame?
For a pocket door , we can find a trick to integrate it into the wall.
EnkoNyito
[Jul 9, 2018, 4:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Okh, you seem to have plenty of ideas to occupy your long nights of the next winter wink

Enkonyito, I didn't succeed to make the articulated light work yet, but will continue to try.

Would it be possible for the opening to be stopped by the frame?
I have a few ideas about how to set bounds on rotations and translations, but I don't think it will appear before the final release of version 6.0.
[Jul 9, 2018, 10:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ndorigatti

Italia

Is one if this ideas involving the stash angle that can be set when creating a door in forniture catalog?
[Jul 10, 2018, 8:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I had the idea to reuse the sash angles set in furniture properties, but most of the time these angles don't reflect the reality, because you can actually open some windows wider than these angles. And using this data could lead to complicated algorithms when the 3D model contains some already opened sashes, like in the open door models.
I had a simpler idea in mind with additional naming conventions that would cite the bounds that should be applied to the openings. Future will tell and I prefer to focus on other features for version 6.0 at the moment.
[Jul 10, 2018, 11:29:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved