Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 197
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 473172 times and has 196 replies Next Thread
3DMR

Nederland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 6.0

By the way, beautifully made, my compliments!
[Feb 3, 2023, 2:29:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T_R

currently ;China

Wow, I just checked the code in obj for a double window. That's so much, I really don't understand.
I created in the last 4 weeks a double door in very special design, extremely realistic. To make it I used SketchUp. Also the dynamic functions to open those doors is programmed.
Just nothing is running after importing the obj to SH3D.
I find have Blender nor the time to work-in for month. Is there someone outside who can help/ explain an old man to find a solution? PM is mostly wellcome
----------------------------------------
Laptop : EEEPC 1201N
250GB, 2 GB Ram, Broken Display, SH3D 6.2
Behind Chines "Firewall"- NO Google Servive working at all.
Never give Up!
[Feb 24, 2023, 7:20:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

(Posting in this thread because it's where the deformations were introduced.)

The mannequin has a great set of deformations for posing but... the deformations are not numbered like with hinges and rails. This means you can't have multiple mannequins in the same OBJ export because it breaks the deformations. Besides of course that you can't pose the mannequins individually.
I don't know if it's a lot of work but it would be nice if ALL possible deformations were numbered by default. It's not a great issue but it would support consistency in the handling of deformations.

Is there a list of all available deformations? I searched but can't find a complete list. For example the ball deformation is nowhere listed but is used in the MultiAxis example.
[Jun 15, 2023, 3:22:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The list of deformations is at the beginning of ModelManager class.

And explanations are given in this thread about version 6.0, here and here (for ball-arm joints). Then Sweet Home 3D version 7.0 brought new prefixes to specify the moves of shapes relative to other moving shapes.

Actually, prefixes used for mannequin deformation are ball-arm joints, and since version 7.0, they could be replace by sub transformations. Then, you could use how many numbered ball-arm joints as you wish for more than one mannequin in a OBJ file. Nice exercice which requires some patience... If you succeed, please share your result smile
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 17, 2023, 3:40:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Thank you. Some heavy experimentation to look forward to smile
[Jun 17, 2023, 3:48:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Just curious: why is it "arm_on_ball" and not "on_ball" like "on_hinge" and "on_rail"?
[Jun 17, 2023, 3:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just used the same naming convention as opening_on_hinge_, window_pane_on_hinge_ and opening_on_rail_...

Good luck!
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 17, 2023, 4:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 197   Pages: 20   [ Previous Page | 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved