Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 61772 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
youseeus

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Thoughts about roof-plugin

I would suggest that you request to draw this line in a clone of the current home that will display only walls. You could display this clone in your dialog box with your own plan component / controller, using subclasses of PlanComponent and PlanController classes (VideoPanel class uses for example a subclass of PlanComponent).

Thanks for the suggestion :) I think this approach could be used in a future version. One of my main goals is, to store the roof-model (the gabels and the properties, so you can recalculate the roof after adding some jutty) so it would 'survive' to be opened and saved again by a blank SH3D (no plugins). i didn't get familiar with the saving process so i'll follow the first approach for my MVP.
I currently created custom components for my roof, and i do have a dormer that "cuts" half of the roof to create space for a big door window.
This dormer has a gabel. So just add the gabel.
To join Roofs is one of my main goals... so 'checked' biggrin
I would also point out that usually (at least here where i live) roofs extends over the walls and covers also the outside!
i called this feature overhang. It will be part of the MVP
[Jun 20, 2018, 5:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
youseeus

If someone want to get involved... i created a private repro at bitbucket, but i can add everyone who is interested. If the first version is finished i'll open that repro.
[Jun 20, 2018, 5:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
youseeus

i confused gable with ridge in all of my posts d oh
[Jun 21, 2018, 8:45:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clentl

This is great idea . I used to design pools using pool studio and it had great auto roof maker. I'm really confused by this program doesn't have it. I think even the sims 1 had an auto roof...I hope you get this finished!
[Mar 6, 2019, 2:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Hello!

Some ideas about roofing:

1. Draw roof on plane view point by point by polyline, then feature create projection of it on needed angle with specified roof tickness

2. I'm not sure if this logic easy to implement to SH or not, but roof could be created with frontal sloping walls.

Big bonus of this - standard windows could be used as roof window.

Now if i need roof with windows - I create wall (adjust ens heights if needed), put window there, copy as a furniture, paste and adjust needed angle. But I need to do it many times, because very hard to find good heights and lenght after angled.

So, use case: draw wall, adjust up and lower heights and set needed andgle. After I can adjust heights and dimensions in parameters

2. Is it possible to make "adjustable box", tuning it like posing of mannequin?
[Apr 1, 2020, 7:47:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JustRosy

If the interior walls are 4" thick and the exterior walls are 6" thick (this is standard in Architectural Drafting), then couldn't the algorithm just automatically snap the edges of a roof to the endpoints of the 6" thick exterior walls, and be set to draw center-lines either vertically or horizontally, so they connect with the longest center line perpendicularly or at an angle selected by the user when right clicking on them?
[Sep 16, 2020, 6:45:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xlance

Hello All
If someone has programming experience and still interested in creating a plugin for Roofs, I have 40 sample images + 40 different palettes to import into "Eclipse" to create Java dialogues with
details / dimensions of each Roof Type.
Cheers

01_A-Frame-Roof-Dim.png
02_Bonnet-Roof-Dim.png
03_Butterfly-Roof-Dim.png
04_Gable-and-Valley-Roof-Dim.png
05_Flat-Roof-Dim.png
06_Gable-Roof-with-Dormer-Window-Dim.png
07_Gambrel-Roof-Dim.png
08_Hip-and-Valley-Roof-Dim.png
09_Hip-Roof-Dim.png
10_Pyramid-Mansard-Roof-Dim.png
11_Mansard-Roof-that-Flares-Out-Dim.png
12_Mansard-Roof-Design-Dim.png
13_Pyramid-Hip-Roof-Dim.png
14_Saltbox-Roof-Dim.png
15_Shed-Roof-or-Sloped-Roof-Dim.png
16_Box-Gable-Roof-Dim.png
17_Clerestory-Roof-Dim.png
18_Combination-Roof-Dim.png
19_Cross-Gabled-Roof-Dim.png
20_Cross-Hipped-Roof-Dim.png
21_Curved-Roof-Dim.png
22_Dome-Roof-Dim.png
23_Dormer-Roof-Dim.png
24_Dutch-Gable-Roof-Dim.png
25_Front-Gable-Roof-Dim.png
26_Gable-Roof-with-Shed-Roof-Addition-Dim.png
27_Half-Hipped-Roof-Dim.png
28_Hexagonal-Gazebo-Dim.png
29_Jerkinhead-Gazebo-Dim.png
30_Mansard-Roof-Dim.png
31_M-Shaped-Roof-Dim.png
32_Open-Gable-Roof-Dim.png
33_Parapet-Roof-Dim.png
34_Shed-Roof-or-Skillion-Dim.png
35_Simple-Hip-Roof-Dim.png
36_SkillionRoof-Dim.png
37_Double-Hipped-Roof-Dim.png
38_Well-Hipped-Roof-Dim.png
39_Lean-to-Roof-Dim.png
40_Custom-Roof-Dim.png
----------------------------------------
Windows 64bit | Intel i7 | 8GB Ram | SH3D 7.2 + Plugins
[Nov 28, 2020, 8:28:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

If someone has programming experience

I don't have BUT
still interested in creating a plugin for Roofs

I am.
I have 40 sample images + 40 different palettes to import into "Eclipse"

BUT where is the png and sources for Eclipse ???
Make a zip and put it somewhere to be downloaded.
Don't expect too much from me but who knows??
BTW
Why don't try to give us some codes?
I usually stole it but now I accept it for free.
PS
I'll by You a beer when I meet You.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Nov 29, 2020, 9:57:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
youseeus

I didn't do much since my last post. (except i built a house 😅) I'm still interested in this plug-in. But my priorities just shifted a bit :) i invested some time on understanding the code. I'm a professional java developer, but at some points i just didn't understand the data structure and -flow.
[Nov 30, 2020, 12:52:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xlance

@youseeus

Source code:
https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/feature-requests/1007/#b78b

It's a work in Progress, any improvements / suggestions or modifications are welcomed!
Windows 64bit | Intel i7 | 8GB Ram | SH3D 7.2 + Plugins
[Dec 1, 2020, 1:39:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved