Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12598 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
svedel77

+45 Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
GPU rendering

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know, if Sweet Home 3D can utilise a GPU to du the rendering much faster, than only using the CPU? If not, is there a third party app that can import my Sweet Home 3D project/OBJ export, and then render it using the GPU?

Best regards
Søren Vedel
[May 10, 2018, 10:39:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: GPU rendering

SunFlow, the raytracing rendering engine of Sweet Home 3D, uses only the CPU.
Blender may support some rendering engines that use the GPU, but as OBJ format doesn't include lights, you'll have some work to get a rendering. See also Export to XML/OBJ plug-in that may help you.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 11, 2018, 11:13:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

Hi Puybaret,

OK, I have worked for a couple of days on SW3D now, and yes I understand, that Blender can take an OBJ file. I installed the Blender app, but when I imported the OBJ file, nothing happened.
Do we have a Blender guide, on how to import the OBJ file?

Best regards
Søren
[May 13, 2018, 5:22:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This could be simply a scale problem.
Blender works in meters whereas Sweet Home 3D exports in cm. Rescale in Blender what you imported and your house will be there.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 14, 2018, 7:43:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hei Søren,

Blender is a brilliant piece of software, but it takes a while getting used to. And longer still to discover the advanced functions and how to use them quickly. The SH3D forum is not really the best place to look for a Blender guide. Some of the Blender instruction videos are fairly good, and the (downloadable) documentation is a must for reference, at least for me.

As for the imported .obj file, the two most usual causes for me would be that I either by accident clicked the .mtl file instead of the .obj file (both are visible in the import .obj dialogue), or even more likely, that the model imports but is scaled and placed outside your view.

However, as Puybaret said, you may need to spend some time adding light sources, (Shift-A, add LAMP in Blender default interface) to get the rendering you want.

ok
[May 14, 2018, 8:55:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
svedel77

+45 Denmark

OK, thank you all. I'll be watching some videos on Blender for the next couple of days.
[May 20, 2018, 2:17:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SamehRagheb

Germany

Just thought this thread may be useful here
https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/akl...060_any_good_for_blender/
The first reply is very informative
[Feb 19, 2022, 11:42:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved