Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 713 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
MrGlad8

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Stop the walls from using CC

Hello! I like this program so far. But when I'm making walls of my room - I first take the measures in my room from the inside of course, thats what I'm interested for.
So lets say my room in 100 x 100 cm

If I then in the software start doing walls and I type 100x100x100x100 like a square the inside measures is 90x90x90x90 ?
I guess that is because the software counts the measures from the CC of the wall, whatever thickness it is.

How come?

I'm only interested in talking the measures inside the room, or why do I want to invole the CC measure of the walls?

Can I change this somehow? Very annoying so far.
[Apr 29, 2018, 7:13:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Stop the walls from using CC

Hello,
Walls are measured in their middle as you noticed and this can’t be changed. This subject has been discussed many times in the past: as there’s no way to guess how users will draw the next walls, there are many situations where measuring the length of wall side wouldn’t be reliable.
So either you take into account the thickness of the walls when you draw them, or you draw a room first with the Room creation tool, then add walls around it with a double click in it with the Wall creation tool.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 29, 2018, 7:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrGlad8

Hello,
Walls are measured in their middle as you noticed and this can’t be changed. This subject has been discussed many times in the past: as there’s no way to guess how users will draw the next walls, there are many situations where measuring the length of wall side wouldn’t be reliable.
So either you take into account the thickness of the walls when you draw them, or you draw a room first with the Room creation tool, then add walls around it with a double click in it with the Wall creation tool.

thank you! that double-clicking a created room worked great!

Oh by the way, when doing doors I see it have a baseboard. Is the width of the door including those baseboard that show up in the 3d-view?
[Apr 29, 2018, 8:15:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If by baseboard of a door, you mean the frame around it, yes, it includes it.
[Apr 29, 2018, 1:49:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrGlad8

If by baseboard of a door, you mean the frame around it, yes, it includes it.

OK thank you. Another problem. If I for example make 2 rooms next to each other using "Create Rooms-tool" and then decide to add walls to them by double-clicking the room walls with go in to each other.. eh? What am I doing wrong?
[Apr 29, 2018, 4:29:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

"with go", do mean "will go", or that walls be superimposed?
From version 5.5, only missing walls should be created, but you should rather alternate between room drawing and wall creation, i.e draw a room, create walls around it, draw the second room beside the walls of the first room and create walls around the second room, etc
[Apr 29, 2018, 5:14:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved