Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5087 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Jaye

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweethome wont open/launch

Hi, I have been using sweethome for a long time, and enjoy planning my house with it. Has been great, thank you.
Just now tho, I find that it wont open at all. This happened for seemingly no reason, one day I returned to it, opened the laptop, clicked on the icon as per usual, and the icon lit up but then dimmed out again without the program opening. I uninstalled, reinstalled version 5.7, and when the installer said "finish" to launch, I pressed "finish" but it didnt launch. Have tried opening it from the file list but same. I also later installed the latest version of Java, 8.

Can you please suggest some way of fixing the problem please?

Following the above, I tried using google-earth to see if my graphics card is u/s but google-earth is able to perform all the usual functions with ease, so that has me thinking the problem is not the graphics card.

Any help appreciated.
[Apr 28, 2018, 4:58:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweethome wont open/launch

Hi Jaye,
Sorry for this issue. What system and graphics card do you use?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 29, 2018, 1:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jaye

Australia

Thank you Emmanuel,
It's an Intel(R) Graphics
[Apr 29, 2018, 10:47:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jaye

Australia

Additional info,
Intel(R) Graphics 4400
Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Processor (3M Cache, 1.70 GHz)
[Apr 30, 2018, 12:50:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for these details. But what about your system? Do you use Windows 7, 8, 10? 32 bit or 64 bit?
[Apr 30, 2018, 8:56:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jaye

Australia

Ok, Windows 8.1 64bit
[Apr 30, 2018, 1:07:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jaye

Australia

Hi Emmanuel, seems alls quiet, yet I can still not open the sweethome program. I have important designs on it, so can you please help out?
Thank you
[May 6, 2018, 1:40:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Try to run Sweet Home 3D installer again in a cmd window followed with the two parameters /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86

SweetHome3D-5.7-windows.exe /j3d.version=1.5.2 /os.arch=x86

If you're not used to type commands, this can be achieved this way:
- Press Windows + R keys
- Type "cmd" and press Enter key
- Drag and drop the icon of the installer SweetHome3D-5.7-windows.exe in the command window
- Type a space in the cmd window
- Copy "/os.arch=x86 /j3d.version=1.5.2" (without the quotes) and paste it in the cmd window
- Press Enter key

These parameters were added to fix issues under Windows 10 but it may be helpful in your case.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 6, 2018, 1:21:56 PM]
[May 6, 2018, 1:04:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved