Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8839 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Lizard2k1

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Group furniture items in category

Here first my try in sh3d plugin form: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vlm3wjesgk38pjj/SH3DFurnGrouper.sh3p
Issues: Grouping work only in serach list mode. Sorry.
Known bugs:
1. After first initializing second frame not grouped. After first click in it - groups will appear.
2. After switching List->Tree->List selected furniture may be freezed. Only application restart solve it.
Sorry for this. If anyway your interest will keeped - i will work on it.
[Apr 13, 2018, 12:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lizard2k1

Russia

Here link to SourceForge: SourceForgeLink
2. After switching List->Tree->List selected furniture may be freezed. Only application restart solve it.
Fixed.
[Apr 13, 2018, 10:32:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Many Thanks!
This afternoon I will try it hard.
Anyway is first step, next will be bather.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 13, 2018, 1:04:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Like I've promise I've test it.
This is the result:

Observations (no offense please)
1.Separate the Compute perimeter from Furniture Grouper plugin.
2.I'am interested in both but is easiest to handle separately.
3.Like You've seen in the picture in the second window the furniture are multiplied and this is useless.
4.The purpose for me is to identify the double / multiple furniture or those pretty similar to cleanup the library.

About tree view I have an idea (maybe need more changes in program):
1. In PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file the entry
category#1=Bathroom
could be
category#1=Bathroom |Bathtube
or
category#21=Decorations |Wall Frames
or
category#19=Doors and windows |Windows
that mean the word after "|" sign is name of subcategory.
Now the program need to know how to handle this.
Also when import a piece of furniture to have this option.
I luck in Your sources and I catch my ears; is to complicated for me.
Anyway Thanks Again!
Dorin
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Apr 13, 2018, 9:35:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lizard2k1

Russia

Thank you very mush dorin for fast test.
In first trouble, that i see, unexpected trouble is furniture is multiplied, Can you tell or show me your collection with that this redistribute. In my case of furniture collection, i can not catch this trouble.
In second - code for perimeter not activated now. From what are you get opinion, that it's activated?
In third - and it is first problem - (is not it?) is furniture is multiplied - lets me know how i can reproduce it - your system OS, jdk(jre) version, and your collection of furnitures catalogue.
An at the last - how correctly dispute about this in the public thread? If it's disturb rules of the forum (how at meny of others forum threads) can me move our conservation to private chatting?
[Apr 13, 2018, 11:31:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lizard2k1

Russia

... (no offense please)
why i can do it? smile
Like You've seen in the picture in the second window the furniture are multiplied and this is useless.

Fixed in version-0.1
I look in Your sources and I catch my ears; is to complicated for me.
Sorry for this sad
[Apr 14, 2018, 9:18:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I've tested v-0.1.
It work correct as You say, only on searchable list.
So, my answers:
1.I think is ok to continue on this tread wile we remain focused on this subject; if we break the line the moderator will let us know.
1.1. This or next could be on Developers.
2.I'm on Debian "buster"+KDE desktop.
3.I usually use SH3D the installer version with their java (8).
4 For this tests I use the personalized installation (furniture, plugins, texture) but also the standard installation without furniture,texture and other plugins except Your. It work!
Now bake to critics:
1.About Calculate perimeter is deactivated (it don't work) but appear active under Tools wile Re-group pieces are grayed. If we don't have a option to activate/deactivate is pointless to have a entry.
2.I need a bather organize the furniture to find them more quickly from first view without use of search especially when I don't know exactly what I want and also to gain space for drawing.
2.1.Please explain me which are the purpose of second frame?
[Apr 14, 2018, 8:20:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lizard2k1

Russia

In first, tell me please:
in the second window the furniture are multiplied
it's fixed on your collection, or i am again can not catch trouble?
In second about critics:
1. If you confuse grayed item in "tool" menu - it's now replaced with "Settings" option (was legacy item) in next version.

find them more quickly from first view without use of search especially
Really, It is first task for my plugin:
First frame can show only one example of each furniture group presents in your collection (based on name): one item of door, one item of window, table, chair, shelf, sofa e.t.c.
Second frame show your all items, that's has same name or category as item, that's was selected in first.
For example: In first frame you select "Simple Table", the in second will show all items, that contains "table" at it's name or description.

Also, please take attention, that's i share version 2.0 on SourceForge
[Apr 14, 2018, 10:57:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Good job! Thanks!
No multiplication anymore from v-0.1. Sorry I don't mention explicitly this in my post.
It's work correctly in all conditions (at least from my side). That's mean with all my furniture, plugins etc. (and are a lot)
The new option with a selection window is good.
I'm glad this v-0.2 is working on both kind of catalog.
You've made a great work and a bather approach.
Now critics (luck more as suggestions):
In tree view are show the name of last piece at the end of the icons row which sometime could be confusing (not for me).
Anyway I've already observe few duplicates in mine collections which I've have to clean.
When I set something in Your plugin I observe a delay for few seconds.
I suppose are a lot of consumption.
Somme minor cosmetics: in Your settings menu put the same name as is in SH3D settings "Category folders"&"Searchable list".
I wait the version with subcategory. applause
[Apr 15, 2018, 6:55:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

I find a bug. In piece preview are show only the first one:

Look at the mouse pointer.
[Apr 15, 2018, 8:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved