Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3973 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
BillyZed

Thailand
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Looking for a Workshop Features

Good morning,

I've looked around here, without success, to see if there are any features to design a workshop which will have I-beams or similar steel beams and be able 25' high. This will be used for a car workshop and some steel and work work. Is there anything like that? Or would I just do a tall first floor with the current software?

This is my first post here and I'm really enjoying the SW3D program. The community seems pretty friendly here, too.

Best regards,
Billy
[Mar 22, 2018, 4:40:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Looking for a Workshop Features

Hello Billy,
You could build I beams by assembling thin boxes.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 22, 2018, 5:51:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
BETHAROO

United States

Did you figure it out? We are wanting to do a plan for a shop.
[Oct 3, 2018, 2:47:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Example 12 of the Gallery might help you?...
[Oct 3, 2018, 2:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Beth , Hi Billy, sorry i missed your 1st comment.
As Puybaret has already said, you can use the box from the library to create an I beam, 2 for the horizontals and 1 for the vertical, this option however may have limits,the ends would all be 90 degrees to the length and if if you exported it as in obj. making it taller would affect the thickness of the horizontals and making it wider would affect the thickness of the vertical, this would also affect end caps , cleats etc fitted prior to resizing, you can avoid some of this by using the shape generator plug-in to create the 3 components therefore having angled ends to represent, for instance, the pitch of a roof. You could also, if you wished, create and an RSJ or other profiles with the "create room" feature, i find multiplying each measurement by 4 easier to create, then turn 90 degrees during import and resizing.
Mike
PS when using the create room feature, do so on a raised level or the component will have no depth.
[Oct 3, 2018, 9:13:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved