Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2730 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
killernils

Sweden
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Create a complex room section

Hi! Im trying to draw my upcoming home, but cant find a way to create one of the rooms. It is a one floor house, and most rooms has a flat ceiling at 2.6m.
But the kitchen/living room is open all the way up to the roof ridge. The room on the other side of it is, however not.

To make it a bit more complicated, the side wall of the living room has a small wall section with a slope, and then vertical again, with inserted small windows.
In the image, "Sektion L" means simply "cross section view L", which is the second image.

Any ideas on how to create the living room and the connected rooms?

[Mar 10, 2018, 3:31:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Create a complex room section

Without a far better explanation and your original file, it's difficult to say what to do.

However, one way to solve your problems could be to design floors and ceilings separately.
As a first step draw the floors and make the ceiling invisible. Then draw the ceilings and make the floors invisible.

Good luck!

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 10, 2018, 9:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: Create a complex room section

Hi,

You can use boxes both as floor and ceiling.
These boxes are positionable and scalable at will.

It seems an interesting project.

smile
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Mar 11, 2018, 4:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
killernils

Sweden

Hi guys! Thanks! I will give it a try!
For you to better understand the layout, I've created a dropbox folder with drawings and photos from the real estate broker ad.

Dropbox folder

It is the room in Image11 I have problem with. Image16´s upper right corner shows the sloped wall/extra windows I talk about in my first post.
[Mar 11, 2018, 5:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Not easy because despite the plans, it lacks measures...

Here is my fast first try :

smile
---
[Mar 11, 2018, 7:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
killernils

Sweden

Wow bdfd! As always, experience is important..I gave it a try this evening, but will give it another round later..
Actually I dont have any more detailed plans, but within three weeks I will have access to such a house and can take measures of my own!

If it is not to much to ask, could you share your sh3d-file? Would be great for me to see how you solved it!

/H
[Mar 11, 2018, 9:24:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
smile Re: Create a complex room section

Wow bdfd! As always, experience is important..I gave it a try this evening, but will give it another round later..
Actually I dont have any more detailed plans, but within three weeks I will have access to such a house and can take measures of my own!
TY killernils ! wink

If it is not to much to ask, could you share your sh3d-file? Would be great for me to see how you solved it!
/H
Why not. smile
I finalize this project and I'll send you it asap.

Here is a little view of the terrace.

And the first release of model 3D HERE .

smile
---
[Mar 12, 2018, 12:42:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
killernils

Sweden

Wow, great work, and fast bdfd!
I cant wait to get the final file!! amazing!
I'll help you to update all the measurements to the exact ones, when I have the real house keys! :)
[Mar 12, 2018, 7:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Thank you killernils. wink

Here is the kitchen v2 from the official plans.

And an external view.

Soon, I 'll send you the link of the model.

smile
---
[Mar 14, 2018, 7:20:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
killernils

Sweden

Amazing!! It will be really enjoyable to use!!! :) Great work!!!
[Mar 14, 2018, 7:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved