Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 552 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Bruce_Lytle

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Dynamic 'Furniture'

I am amazed with this program! I have done a "bit" of programming in my past, understand the process of what's going on, the math makes my head explode!
I am not up to date in file formats, the information they include and/or how they get translated between the various formats, or how they are applied in SH3D.
All that being said, I would like to ask, if it is possible to be able to animate different furniture such as doors and windows, kitchen cabinet drawers/doors etc.?
If so, what all would be required?
[Feb 1, 2018, 7:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Dynamic 'Furniture'

All is possible with a computer, but adding this kind of feature would be a lot of work!
Nothing is foreseen in the program to move/rotate a given subpart of a 3D model, to handle animations (even though Java 3D proposes an interesting API to help you) and to trigger an animation.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 2, 2018, 12:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved