Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 52679 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 5.7

For your information, I released Sweet Home 3D 5.7 today.
It's a maintenance release that fixes some bugs listed here and brings a small additional feature that allows to display a preview of images in file choosers.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 25, 2018, 10:59:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.7

In the Q&A:
@
With the free version under Mac OS X, , click on the application icon of Sweet Home 3D while maintaining the ctrl key pressed to display its contextual menu, choose Show Package Contents item, open the Contents folder, edit the Info.plist file by dragging its icon on TextEdit application and update the maximum memory in the text <string>-Xmx1024m</string>, writing for example <string>-Xmx2g</string> for 2 GB instead of 1024 MB. Finally, save the file and relaunch Sweet Home 3D.

It no longer works, as the Info-plist file in version 5.7 is locked by default.
Since there most probably no lomger exists any Mac with less than 8G memory, why not set the default memory to 6G or 8G? It will save Mac-users a lot of hassle.

Xi
[Jan 30, 2018, 10:47:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Since there most probably no lomger exists any Mac with less than 8G memory [...]
I wish things could be so easy, but I'm sure that there are still many Mac OS X users running computers with less RAM than that, or even with a 32 bit processor, the main reason why this max memory value will remain at 1 GB for a few more releases.

If Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like:
sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Info.plist
in a Terminal window to edit it. I updated the FAQ accordingly.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 30, 2018, 12:18:03 PM]
[Jan 30, 2018, 11:21:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

f Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like: -sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Info.plist

Result:
-bash: -sudo: command not found

As an experiment I opened version 5.6 (8G) on an antique Powerbook, and it runs perfectly. So it doesn't seem to matter wheter the memory is set to 1024m or 8G.

Xi
[Jan 30, 2018, 12:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, there was a useless hyphen in front of sudo.

As an experiment I opened version 5.6 (8G) on an antique Powerbook, and it runs perfectly. So it doesn't seem to matter wheter the memory is set to 1024m or 8G.
The -Xmx flag sets the max memory usable by Sweet Home 3D, not the minimum or the value at start. It will run perfectly as long as you use less than 1 GB or so, if the computer runs under a 32 bit system. If it runs under a 64 bit system with little RAM, it will probably start to swap once the RAM is full.
[Jan 30, 2018, 12:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Darshiit

India

Thanks Puybaret :)
[Jan 30, 2018, 3:24:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
serinter

Brazil
confused Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.7

When I updated to the new version yesterday, (5.7.) I could not save any files, and also not open any file!
When i make a simple project, go to save, the window open to save, but nothing happens ..
Any idea?
[Feb 17, 2018, 7:53:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Do you use the installer version or the Java Web Start version? Under which system?
What do you mean by "nothing happens": does the program seem to hang, or does an error message appear?
[Feb 17, 2018, 9:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

If Info.plist is protected, you may run a command like:
sudo nano /Applications/Sweet\ Home\ 3D.app/Contents/Info.plist
in a Terminal window to edit it. I updated the FAQ accordingly.

Have you actually tried this on a Mac running High Sierra?

I have now tried everything, and there is no way I can edit the info.plist without getting a message that the program is damaged and should be thrashed.

This is not a great problem for the moment, since there seems to be just minor changes in this upgrade, but it will probably be more frustrating when a major upgrade with new features is released.

@Xiste
Did you solve this? In that case, please tell me how.

cec
[Feb 18, 2018, 11:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I tried again and beside the more difficult handling of nano vs TextEdit, it worked correctly.
What -Xmx text did you write between <string> and </string> ?
[Feb 19, 2018, 8:51:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved