Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10247 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
peterweaver

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can I create my own objects e.g. kitchen units,wardrobes?

Hi,
How can I create my own objectc?
If I want to design on my own a kitchen, a bathroom and I can not find it in the library?
Please advise.

Cheers
[Jan 9, 2018, 11:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How can I create my own objects e.g. kitchen units,wardrobes?

Please read the section Create your 3D models in 3D models page.
Good luck! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 10, 2018, 7:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adryan_g78

Romania

You may use any modelling software that exports 3D objects in a supported format for SH3D (like .dae).
For furniture I strongly recommend Google SketchUp.
[Jan 23, 2018, 7:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bruce_Lytle

USA

I am using Linux Mint and have had some issues with this myself. Today, I figured out my solution.
I do a lot of 3-D CAD drawings with Vari-Cad. For my uses, I find it very useful, enough so that I pay for it! Yes,even in the Linux world, I find it that good! Anyway, while VariCAD can output different file types, it does not output files that can be imported directly into SH3D.
Blender, while a very capable program,is too powerful for me to deal with learning how to generate my 3D objects at this point.
Blender, will, on the other hand, import a file type (.stl) and export a file type (.obj) that will import as "furniture" in SH3D.
Simple tests have shown me that the colors/textures translate fine through the different file types and all seems to be fine.
A slightly tortured road, but it works.
Next comes trimming....
[Jan 30, 2018, 10:06:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dombicam63

Vietnam

nice
[Jan 22, 2021, 1:46:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved