Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6586 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
otadmin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture libraries LinuxMint 18.3 where?

I would like to reorganize/rename furniture. But where are the libraries actually used by sweethome 3D 5.6?

Have SH 5.6 installed under /opt/SweetHome3D-5.6/ . Had .sh3f files under usr/share/sweethome3d/furniture . But my changes did not show up in the program.

By now I moved all .sh3f files to a temporary location on the desktop. Yet, Sweethome 3D still shows the furniture catalogue as before - unchanged.

My question is where else can I look? Or is it stored in a completely different set of files?
[Jan 1, 2018, 9:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Furniture libraries LinuxMint 18.3 where?

Open your file browser
Show hidden files with CTRL-H
Go to .eteks/sweethome3d
Your imported libraries are in Furniture and Textures
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 1, 2018, 11:45:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Thank you for the quick reply. I found it indeed under /home/michael/.etek/sweethome3d/furniture. But to show it in the furniture library editor I had to rename the folder from .etek to etek (drop the . as hidden). With the . it would also not save changes.
[Jan 1, 2018, 12:34:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can rename .eteks folder to whatever name you want during the time you edit the sh3f files it contains, Just keep in mind that in the default configuration, the .eteks folder is the only place from where libraries will be read by Sweet Home 3D.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 1, 2018, 2:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

That is sorted. I have a copy of the .sh3f file on the desktop on which I can work with the editor. When done copy it into .etek/..... Actually quit fun when I realised how to do it.
[Jan 2, 2018, 2:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Now an additional challenge I face. When I import models, they seem not to show up in the .sh3f libraries but in .pref files in .etec/sweethome3D/. They show up in sh3D and I can use them in my plan but Germans like to be organised :).
Question: Can I and if yes how to integrate them in the libraries?
[Jan 2, 2018, 2:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Let me rephrase my last post How could I get all this .pref furniture files into a libray which I could then share with other users via your website? Read a post from Samantha who has hundreds for example.
[Jan 3, 2018, 3:33:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,966_offset,5#3988
[Jan 3, 2018, 5:53:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

My french is not so fluent. But I found a solution. Instead of using the Furniture - import furniture feature I open the library with the library editor and drop the file into the window. It will import and then I change name etc. Works very well.
[Jan 4, 2018, 10:59:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great you found a solution.
Note that the explanations in the post reported by Alax about the Export imported furniture to SH3F plug-in are in English so I hope they are enough to help you use this plug-in, if needed one day.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 4, 2018, 11:25:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved